• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive Players on Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Not the same situation, but it reminds me of when Skippy switched Terrence Mitchell to WR. I never liked that move...of course, he made a habit of moving guys around. Don't think that's what CWT has in mind.

Aside from Mitchell, who else did he move around? Lindsey Lamar?

Lamar was the main other guy I had in mind, but also Eppes, Miller, Landi, Marc I think. And I'm probably forgetting a few. But Mitchell and Lamar were the two biggies that Holtz wasted away that way.

Remeber when Landi and Daniels both looked very good at QB, almost to the point of questioning which was really better? Remember when Leavitt was criticized for not having another QB on the roster (Daniels, Landi, and Carnes would have been pretty solid IMHO)... how much better would we have been after the Daniels injury last year if Landi was in there at QB? I'd venture to say A LOT better. I understand getting him on the field, but, his QB reps shouldn't have been reduced to zero, he actually looked like a decent QB in the times that I saw him play, Landi as a sophomore QB would be the clear starter here today, no doubt about it.

Marc was always going to move. Eppes and Miller weren't BCS talent, Skip used them because he couldn't recruit anyone better (or in Miller's case, it was political). The T-Rex move was stupid. Lamar was a solid RB, not a good WR.

great points

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Smacks of desperation. If you remember CWT said they noticed on film that some of the defensive players last year were playing way to many snaps in a game and he felt that may have contributed to the 4th qtr failures.  Now he says this ?  Just makes me go hmmmmmmm

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not the same situation, but it reminds me of when Skippy switched Terrence Mitchell to WR. I never liked that move...of course, he made a habit of moving guys around. Don't think that's what CWT has in mind.

Aside from Mitchell, who else did he move around? Lindsey Lamar?

Lamar was the main other guy I had in mind, but also Eppes, Miller, Landi, Marc I think. And I'm probably forgetting a few. But Mitchell and Lamar were the two biggies that Holtz wasted away that way.

Remeber when Landi and Daniels both looked very good at QB, almost to the point of questioning which was really better? Remember when Leavitt was criticized for not having another QB on the roster (Daniels, Landi, and Carnes would have been pretty solid IMHO)... how much better would we have been after the Daniels injury last year if Landi was in there at QB? I'd venture to say A LOT better. I understand getting him on the field, but, his QB reps shouldn't have been reduced to zero, he actually looked like a decent QB in the times that I saw him play, Landi as a sophomore QB would be the clear starter here today, no doubt about it.

Marc was always going to move. Eppes and Miller weren't BCS talent, Skip used them because he couldn't recruit anyone better (or in Miller's case, it was political). The T-Rex move was stupid. Lamar was a solid RB, not a good WR.

The same Landi that was getting NFL tryouts as a TE as opposed to riding the bench for 3 1/2 years as the backup QB?

Mitchell was a bit of a waste, but who knows how good he was at DB. Lamar too, but he was also tiny, so using him as a WR/RB had some merit since he never would have survived a full season as a featured back. Eppes and Miller were roster fodder.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I love that when a coach leaves someone in that's not producing, he has his head up his ass, but when he replaces them with someone he thinks can help, it smacks of desperation.  The bottom line if the offense is not producing with the players that are in there.

I love that when a coach leaves someone in that's not producing, he has his head up his ass, but when he replaces them with someone he thinks can help, it smacks of desperation.  The bottom line if the offense is not producing with the players that are in there.

It does when they play on the other side of line.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm sorry, I thought the goal was to win.

Come on Apis - How many teams do that ?  None that I know of.  I just don't see it as a good answer.  It seems like desperation to me.  If that is something we have to do to win so be it but not by any means a good answer. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Come on Apis - How many teams do that ?  None that I know of.  I just don't see it as a good answer.  It seems like desperation to me.  If that is something we have to do to win so be it but not by any means a good answer. 

when it is done 

they make sure the kid has practiced in the offseason

i havent seen it done in season for any lenght of time(obviously we arent talking about a switch for a play of two)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

wow

we must look really bad in practice

this is drastic at this stage of the season

again i dont think it is fair to switch sides of the ball without extensive practice

talk about putting kids in a position to fail!!!

They have been failing all year. In a previous post you said we need more change. Now you say don't change. You must be a great attorney.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I think the idea will be end arounds, bubble screens. Not expecting them to become full time offensive players. Similar to the Cardinals use of PAtrick Peterson. Don't see any issue with that.