• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what kind of statement is taggart trying to make?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Desperation! It also gives him an excuse. He's playing alot "freshman"

y thoughts, he has no answers

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

CWT is lucky we can't afford another coaching change

lol. after seven games? Did you see how awful this team was without BJ last year? It is going to take some time to fix the Holtz error.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

That's for your opinion 94. I gave mine and I'll stick with it. He's made 4 changes at qb in 7 games. I know what this last one looks and smells like to me. I hope White lights it up but Im starting to question this coaching staff.

I am not sure where you are coming from with this.  These guys play the games on TV and stuff.  It is clear to everyone that we are depleted in certain positions and that the prior regime left the cupboard bare.  

This was always going to be a rebuilding year and those are never pretty.  

Positives I see are:

• the defense has come to life again.  
  • Special teams have never been better that I can recall.  
  • The running game (non QB) was actually a threat for the first time since Andre Hall.  
  • The tight ends are actually getting balls thrown their way.  
  • Recruiting impresses and is one of his main focuses.

We are struggling at pass blocking, QB position and WR as far as I can tell.  If you can't see that and what he is building here you might never see it.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe not a direct quote, but something akin to, "...be smart, protect the football, and get the players in the right position to make plays."

The first three have failed miserably.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

That's for your opinion 94. I gave mine and I'll stick with it. He's made 4 changes at qb in 7 games. I know what this last one looks and smells like to me. I hope White lights it up but Im starting to question this coaching staff.

insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I for one am glad he is willing to cut his losses when he sees things not working.

it's not desperation. he is in no way in jeopardy of losing his job.

he is trying to find a QB that can actually score.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if white is qb of the future

you just cut his future down by one year and put him in situation where he will get slaughtered and hurt his confidence

to play him on roa,.mid week night game=disaster

the statements coach t is making we are desperate and all the qbs on the roster suck

coach t better recruit 2 qbs for next year

Edited by smazza

you just cut his future down by one year and put him in situation where he will get slaughtered and hurt his confidence

the statements coach t is making we are desperate and all the qbs on the roster suck

he sees bench is not the answer. why waste valuable playing time on him. miami burned stephen morris' red shirt with 6 games to go his freshman season. he didn't even start the rest of the way. they are now top 10 with him. didn't seem to hurt their progress.

BTW what would have happened if he red shirted and then was injured in any of the next 4 years? oh he wouldn't have had his red shirt available to use.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

houston puts up tons of points, more so than louisville. usf's defense has improved, but won't be able to sustain itself through 12-15 houston drives if it doesn't get any rest because the offense is going 3 and out everytime.

eveld is hurt, bench isn't 100% and floyd proved on multiple occasions he is not the guy either.

"cutting white's years down" by taking a redshirt now isn't going to ruin anything in another three years. if white is somehow more productive than the others, he's a great qb to have for 3 more years. by then we'll have some qb depth anyways and guys who will be ready to step into this system. if he's an awesome qb, he'll leave early for the nfl draft anyways. either way, this burning redshirt crap isn't holding water with the haters.

props to willie for having the balls to do it. holtz would've waited until the 3rd quarter of the last game of the year to do it - THEN it would have been dumb. at this point, white has five games to work on things, against teams he'll see next year (if he remains the starter).

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

Hurt his confidence?

These guys are not China dolls. He was successful in high school. He will be ok.

Try not to over think things its impacting your grammar.

Hurt his confidence?

These guys are not China dolls. He was successful in high school. He will be ok.

Try not to over think things its impacting your grammar.

Houston's QB is a freshman as well. he won a state title last year as did  white. both are from ft lauderdale.

I think it's a great time to play white against a guy who he is familiar with. if he is a true competitor then he won't back down

smazza is worried he might get his feelings hurt. what a sensitive guy.

Edited by Bull94