• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marquise Bryant, RB 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

"Bryant was also arrested in December on charges of carrying a concealed firearm, resisting an officer, and loitering."

In other words... DUMB-ASS!!!

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

Time to move on.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Pass

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

What an idiot. Im glad the 2 officers were unharmed. Hope he gets the max punishment

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Move on, let this kid play for FSU.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

Just in case people were wondering what exactly happened. I see other commenting and the story isnt up here:

Marquise Bryant, a Fort Myers Dunbar running back who committed to USF in October, is in trouble with the law again.

Bryant, 18 and a junior at Dunbar, was arrested early Sunday morning after he allegedly attempted to choke a deputy and also pulled a gun on him, according to details gained by the Fort Myers News-Press from the Lee County sherrif's office.

The News-Press reported that Bryant and another man were confronted by a Lee County K-9 patrol after they were seen walking down a street in Lehigh Acres acting suspicious and looking into parked vehicles. When the officer stopped to question the two, one of the men ran off.

The paper also reported that Bryant then resisted arrest while the deputy was beginning to pat him down in search of a possible weapon after Bryant had tried to reach in his pocket.

Upon struggling with the officer, Bryant was able to pull a weapon from his pocket, but the officer was able to subdue Bryant after using what K-9 patrols call a "bailout" button, which releases a police dog from the vehicle to assist in the apprehension of the suspect, according to the News-Press. 

The deputy's K-9 assistant's name is Bala.

Bryant faces three felony charges: resisting arrest with violence, assaulting an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.

It's not his first run-in with the law. He was arrested in December on charges of carrying a concealed firearm, resisting an officer, and loitering.

This past season, Bryant, 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, rushed for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.com. He is apparently no longer at Dunbar High, according to the News-Press.

Colleges are not permitted by NCAA regulations to comment on prospective recruits.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Just in case people were wondering what exactly happened. I see other commenting and the story isnt up here:

Marquise Bryant, a Fort Myers Dunbar running back who committed to USF in October, is in trouble with the law again.

Bryant, 18 and a junior at Dunbar, was arrested early Sunday morning after he allegedly attempted to choke a deputy and also pulled a gun on him, according to details gained by the Fort Myers News-Press from the Lee County sherrif's office.

The News-Press reported that Bryant and another man were confronted by a Lee County K-9 patrol after they were seen walking down a street in Lehigh Acres acting suspicious and looking into parked vehicles. When the officer stopped to question the two, one of the men ran off.

The paper also reported that Bryant then resisted arrest while the deputy was beginning to pat him down in search of a possible weapon after Bryant had tried to reach in his pocket.

Upon struggling with the officer, Bryant was able to pull a weapon from his pocket, but the officer was able to subdue Bryant after using what K-9 patrols call a "bailout" button, which releases a police dog from the vehicle to assist in the apprehension of the suspect, according to the News-Press. 

Bryant faces three felony charges: resisting arrest with violence, assaulting an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.

It's not his first run-in with the law. He was arrested in December on charges of carrying a concealed firearm, resisting an officer, and loitering.

This past season, Bryant, 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, rushed for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.com. He is apparently no longer at Dunbar High, according to the News-Press.

Colleges are not permitted by NCAA regulations to comment on prospective recruits.

I usually wait but I think I'll go ahead and remove him from the committed list now ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I usually wait but I think I'll go ahead and remove him from the committed list now ...

I heard he's a solid Starke commit at this point and we're out of the picture.

• Upvote 2

Bala is BADASS. Love how awesome and loyal dogs can be!

Bryant is complete waste of life. 

This is if he was indeed trying to pull the gun on an officer.  Especially for being stopped on a minor issue (acting suspiciously) that may have been resolved by simply having a conversation with the officer.  And his prior arrest of carrying a firearm which shows a pattern.

Oh, and by the way...