• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marquise Bryant, RB 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Our prisons are vacation compared to Russia. Maybe another reason we've got so many there too. We are way too easy on criminals.

Have you ever been in jail? It's no picnic.

Pretty sure he didn't say our prisons are a "picnic." He was making a comparison that you obviously missed.

Man, we have to stop putting words in people's mouths around here.

He said "we are way too easy on criminals," which is what the "picnic" comment referred to.  I directly addressed the comparison (that you say I missed) in the part of my comment that you cut out of the quote above.

So you made a "Thanks, Captain Obvious" type response that had absolutely nothing to do with the post you quoted, and then basically implied that the poster you replied to condones gulag-type imprisonment, which .. wait for it ... he didn't say

Pretty obvious to me you missed the point entirely. 

Not sure how else you interpret the combo of "In Russia they put you in a dog kennell and see if you go crazy" and "Our prisons are vacation compared to Russia. Maybe another reason we've got so many there too. We are way too easy on criminals."

His message was clear (we have so many criminals because we are not tougher on crime like Russia, who throws you in a dog kennel and sees if you go crazy), but you are entitled to interpret it however you want.  I am always willing to give good odds people who say this type of thing have never stepped foot inside an occupied jail or prison.  I have.  It is miserable.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

:backtotopic:

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Just in case people were wondering what exactly happened. I see other commenting and the story isnt up here:

Marquise Bryant, a Fort Myers Dunbar running back who committed to USF in October, is in trouble with the law again.

Bryant, 18 and a junior at Dunbar, was arrested early Sunday morning after he allegedly attempted to choke a deputy and also pulled a gun on him, according to details gained by the Fort Myers News-Press from the Lee County sherrif's office.

The News-Press reported that Bryant and another man were confronted by a Lee County K-9 patrol after they were seen walking down a street in Lehigh Acres acting suspicious and looking into parked vehicles. When the officer stopped to question the two, one of the men ran off.

The paper also reported that Bryant then resisted arrest while the deputy was beginning to pat him down in search of a possible weapon after Bryant had tried to reach in his pocket.

Photos: Sports Illustrated swimsuit models

Upon struggling with the officer, Bryant was able to pull a weapon from his pocket, but the officer was able to subdue Bryant after using what K-9 patrols call a "bailout" button, which releases a police dog from the vehicle to assist in the apprehension of the suspect, according to the News-Press.

The deputy's K-9 assistant's name is Bala.

Bryant faces three felony charges: resisting arrest with violence, assaulting an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.

It's not his first run-in with the law. He was arrested in December on charges of carrying a concealed firearm, resisting an officer, and loitering.

This past season, Bryant, 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, rushed for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.com. He is apparently no longer at Dunbar High, according to the News-Press.

Colleges are not permitted by NCAA regulations to comment on prospective recruits.

Bala is BADASS. Love how awesome and loyal dogs can be!

Bryant is complete waste of life.

This is if he was indeed trying to pull the gun on an officer. Especially for being stopped on a minor issue (acting suspiciously) that may have been resolved by simply having a conversation with the officer. And his prior arrest of carrying a firearm which shows a pattern.

Well I believe everything Cops put in their reports. That's why we certainly don't need a rigged judicial system.

:facepalm:

His 2nd arrest, for similar charges...and he apparently dropped out of school in the 11th grade (benefit of the doubt...maybe transferred?). Yet...the cop's report is questioned? Yeah...sounds about right.

I am a LEO and if I was fighting with this kid and he got a gun from his pocket, I'm not sure he would end up in jail....but I'm **** sure going home to my wife and 2 kids

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Just in case people were wondering what exactly happened. I see other commenting and the story isnt up here:

Marquise Bryant, a Fort Myers Dunbar running back who committed to USF in October, is in trouble with the law again.

Bryant, 18 and a junior at Dunbar, was arrested early Sunday morning after he allegedly attempted to choke a deputy and also pulled a gun on him, according to details gained by the Fort Myers News-Press from the Lee County sherrif's office.

The News-Press reported that Bryant and another man were confronted by a Lee County K-9 patrol after they were seen walking down a street in Lehigh Acres acting suspicious and looking into parked vehicles. When the officer stopped to question the two, one of the men ran off.

The paper also reported that Bryant then resisted arrest while the deputy was beginning to pat him down in search of a possible weapon after Bryant had tried to reach in his pocket.

Photos: Sports Illustrated swimsuit models

Upon struggling with the officer, Bryant was able to pull a weapon from his pocket, but the officer was able to subdue Bryant after using what K-9 patrols call a "bailout" button, which releases a police dog from the vehicle to assist in the apprehension of the suspect, according to the News-Press.

The deputy's K-9 assistant's name is Bala.

Bryant faces three felony charges: resisting arrest with violence, assaulting an officer and carrying a concealed weapon.

It's not his first run-in with the law. He was arrested in December on charges of carrying a concealed firearm, resisting an officer, and loitering.

This past season, Bryant, 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, rushed for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.com. He is apparently no longer at Dunbar High, according to the News-Press.

Colleges are not permitted by NCAA regulations to comment on prospective recruits.

Bala is BADASS. Love how awesome and loyal dogs can be!

Bryant is complete waste of life.

This is if he was indeed trying to pull the gun on an officer. Especially for being stopped on a minor issue (acting suspiciously) that may have been resolved by simply having a conversation with the officer. And his prior arrest of carrying a firearm which shows a pattern.

Well I believe everything Cops put in their reports. That's why we certainly don't need a rigged judicial system.
:facepalm:
His 2nd arrest, for similar charges...and he apparently dropped out of school in the 11th grade (benefit of the doubt...maybe transferred?). Yet...the cop's report is questioned? Yeah...sounds about right.

I am a LEO and if I was fighting with this kid and he got a gun from his pocket, I'm not sure he would end up in jail....but I'm **** sure going home to my wife and 2 kids

Who knows how it would've ended had the dog not been released. It was already too late for Bryant to ditch the weapon. Why grab it if he wasn't going to try to use it? Some people have no respect for life.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I really would like to know what the "weapon" was. The write up doesn't say what kind of weapon it was. It could have been a pocket knife, a screw driver, a sack of nickels. The article says in the past he was charged with carrying a concealed "firearm". This time it is a concealed "weapon" so I'll assume it's not a firearm but probably a pocket knife or something.

But think about it... The other person he was with ran away, so I think it's safe to assume the two of them were up to no good.

"Definition of Carrying a Concealed Weapon

The crime of Carrying a Concealed Weapon is committed if a person:

Knowingly carried on or about his or her person a weapon; and the weapon was concealed from the ordinary sight of another person.

Definition of a Weapon

A weapon is defined as any dirk, metallic knuckles, sling-shot, billie club, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon."

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I really would like to know what the "weapon" was. The write up doesn't say what kind of weapon it was. It could have been a pocket knife, a screw driver, a sack of nickels. The article says in the past he was charged with carrying a concealed "firearm". This time it is a concealed "weapon" so I'll assume it's not a firearm but probably a pocket knife or something.

But think about it... The other person he was with ran away, so I think it's safe to assume the two of them were up to no good.

Knowingly carried on or about his or her person a weapon; and the weapon was concealed from the ordinary sight of another person.

Definition of a Weapon

A weapon is defined as any dirk, metallic knuckles, sling-shot, billie club, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon."

Might be time to mothball this thread.  <1% chance he's still a recruit or commit for USF, IMUO

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

(yes...I know it's not exactly "useless").

Might be Ulysses. The mind tends to travel where it wants to go naturally. My 1st thought was this.

Especially for being stopped on a minor issue (acting suspiciously) that may have been resolved by simply having a conversation with the officer.

Yeah, I know a ton of 17 year old Black kids who just walk away after "simply having a conversation with the officer". Guess that's why the US has 5 million people in jail. MORE THAN THE ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED. Russia and China only have about a Million each.

Race card?  Really?

The rate of those incarcerated in the United States began increasing dramatically when the US enacted drug laws much harsher than the rest of the world.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

He tried to fling a rubber band at the cop, thus simulating a sling-shot. There's one scenario

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Definition of a Weapon

It was a firearm.

Again.

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=crimeActivity/inmateDetail&id=301168249915394

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

What a waste