• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is everyone else as speechless as me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone please layout a legitimate response as to what in gods name happened to USF Football?  

Of course, I follow on spring camps, and know about being kragholtzed.  I was worried about bresnahan...ugh.  Im just at a loss for words, or thought on USF Football.  It just...hurts too much.  I tend not to come on here after losses, but...well...its been so long since a win, i decided to come on to try and find some solutions with y'all together as fans.  

Enough of the FIRE WOOLARD and FIRE blah blah...

WHATS GOING ON?!!?

How on earth did we beat Nevada last year with this team?  Was it really all BJ?  

How on earth did we lose to McNeese and FAU?  Is McNeese that good? 

Its evident that Skip destroyed our stout defenses of the leavitt years, but how did he WIN at ECU? 

How did taggert WIN at WKU?!?!?!  Are our players REALLY worse than those?!?!  

WKU would ROCK FAU...right?  lol

Dont we have a few 4star guys on the D-line/LB?  Lattimore? Forte? 

WHAT. IS. GOING. ON!!!

I love this team too much...to just sit and accept...im certifiably loosing it!!!  

...gobulls

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

While I was really hoping for better, honestly, this does not surprise me one bit.

Looking back over the last few years and from what I understand was going on in the locker room, it should not surprise anyone.

First of all, we went 4-8 then 3-9 (with wins each year against not so good FCS teams each year and we very well could have lost to Nevada last year) with essentially the same personnel. Considering the fact that in the positions where we lost players to graduation they were our best (Professional level talent) BJ, Kayvon,Barrington and even Lamar) or most experienced such as Landi, Murray and LeJiste, Brockhaus-Kahn and replaced them with less talented and less experienced player, did you really expect better results?

From what I understand was going on in the locker room was that Holtz' approach was more about treating the kids as friends than really pushing them hard and instilling strong conditioning, toughnesss and discipline. All those post-game speeches about being proud because the competed was consistent with what I was hearing. There was never really a push to become winners, it was about competing. The players became soft! Skip is a man. His teams were a relection of him being too nice.

I believe this is what happened with Lattimore and now Lynch.

Remember what we saw from the team in the games after BJ got hurt last year? Imagine what it would have been like without Webster, Lejiste, Barrington, Landi, Pork Chop and Lamar and Murray. Well, that is exactly what you are getting now.

BJ masked a lot of the mess we call an offense. The last 2 years we had a mess on defense now take away 2 NFL caliber, 4 year starters and a couple of other 4 year key contributors and replace them with young, inexperienced, less talented guys.

Looking back, I don't care who was coaching, we should have seen this coming from a mile away.

Unless Taggart brings in an all-star team of Juco players next year with the next Cam Newton as the QB, I don't see this team being a bowl eligible level team for at least another 2 years. Skip left minimal BCS level talent on this team and Taggart is now left building over from the very foundation.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Well said.  This is what happens when you turn over a BCS football program to Mr. Rogers.

Oh, I almost forgot...then you reward him for driving your program in to the ground with a contract extension that you will be paying on for the next 4 years.

Brilliant!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I got frustrated yesterday after another turnover from our QB; our line just cannot pass block

I need to stay patient and take my own advice.., GA Bull held me down in that one...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

While I was really hoping for better, honestly, this does not surprise me one bit.

Looking back over the last few years and from what I understand was going on in the locker room, it should not surprise anyone.

First of all, we went 4-8 then 3-9 (with wins each year against not so good FCS teams each year and we very well could have lost to Nevada last year) with essentially the same personnel. Considering the fact that in the positions where we lost players to graduation they were our best (Professional level talent) BJ, Kayvon,Barrington and even Lamar) or most experienced such as Landi, Murray and LeJiste, Brockhaus-Kahn and replaced them with less talented and less experienced player, did you really expect better results?

From what I understand was going on in the locker room was that Holtz' approach was more about treating the kids as friends than really pushing them hard and instilling strong conditioning, toughnesss and discipline. All those post-game speeches about being proud because the competed was consistent with what I was hearing. There was never really a push to become winners, it was about competing. The players became soft! Skip is a man. His teams were a relection of him being too nice.

Remember what we saw from the team in the games after BJ got hurt last year? Imagine what it would have been like without Webster, Lejiste, Barrington, Landi, Pork Chop and Lamar and Murray. Well, that is exactly what you are getting now.

BJ masked a lot of the mess we call an offense. The last 2 years we had a mess on defense now take away 2 NFL caliber, 4 year starters and a couple of other 4 year key contributors and replace them with young, inexperienced, less talented guys.

Looking back, I don't care who was coaching, we should have seen this coming from a mile away.

Unless Taggart brings in an all-star team of Juco players next year with the next Cam Newton as the QB, I don't see this team being a bowl eligible level team for at least another 2 years. Skip left minimal BCS level talent on this team and Taggart is now left building over from the very foundation.

spot on analysis

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Here it all is in a nutshell.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Can someone please layout a legitimate response as to what in gods name happened to USF Football?  

Of course, I follow on spring camps, and know about being kragholtzed.  I was worried about bresnahan...ugh.  Im just at a loss for words, or thought on USF Football.  It just...hurts too much.  I tend not to come on here after losses, but...well...its been so long since a win, i decided to come on to try and find some solutions with y'all together as fans.  

Enough of the FIRE WOOLARD and FIRE blah blah...

WHATS GOING ON?!!?

How on earth did we beat Nevada last year with this team?  Was it really all BJ?  

How on earth did we lose to McNeese and FAU?  Is McNeese that good? 

Its evident that Skip destroyed our stout defenses of the leavitt years, but how did he WIN at ECU? 

How did taggert WIN at WKU?!?!?!  Are our players REALLY worse than those?!?!  

WKU would ROCK FAU...right?  lol

Dont we have a few 4star guys on the D-line/LB?  Lattimore? Forte? 

WHAT. IS. GOING. ON!!!

I love this team too much...to just sit and accept...im certifiably loosing it!!!  

...gobulls

I can agree with that.  Good synopsis or our teams problems.

WAR Flamingo. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Grothe masked the mess during his time at QB.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Groethe may have masked the mess on offense, but there was no denying we had talent, LOTS OF IT, on defense.  THe program was built on having a nasty defense that always found a way to create turnovers.  It started with Anthony Henry from day one and continued.  The list of players who at least had a cup of coffee in the NFL is actually pretty strong and was on par with almost the best of programs.  Some of that was recognizing talent, the other was being able to get those guys to realize their potential and even play above their heads.  It matched his personality and it has followed him to SF where his unit has been nails since he got there.

The reason I have faith this will get turned around is this.  The key to college recruiting is selling a story/dream.  Skip had no charisma, no ability to inspire.  Is it any wonder we couldn't amass top talented guys?  To make things worse, he was a poor evaluator of talent without the personality to further improve a player.  Contrast that to CJL where most players always left better than when they first stepped on campus. 

Taggart has fire and believes in his core he can turn this around.  He has a sincerity about him young kids like and thats a dream they can buy into.  He's "cool" and speaks their language. 

I knew before this season started it was going to be a nightmare unless he was a miracle worker.  The next recruiting class will tell us if we're on the right track and I think you'll find we are.  Just take a deep breath and stay positive as that's the only way you attract others who want better.  It's either that or build atmosphere so toxic that we get stuck in perpetual suck.  No one wants that if you love your alma mater.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Starts at the Top (Douggie Fresh) is the problem.   He allowed Charliey Brown to kill this team and now the fan base. He also pissed away millions a year in a contract extension that we have to pay for years He also replaced him with a D2 type coach,(full of catchy phrases but yet to prove anything) I hope Coach T can turn it around, But imagine if we have the 1.1 million in Coach T's salary and the millions in Skippy's pay to leave to actually pay a proven coach at the D1 level.    

When will the fan base start waking up and speak with their money or demand that Judy do the right thing and clean house at the top. May as well do it now when we are that bottom than to draw this out for years and years to realize it has to happen at somepoint.

Notice that ECU is back again( took years of Skip being gone) ECU is sitting with 1 loss by 5 to VA Tech and beat the snot out of UNC yesterday),  La Tech lost to Army and is sitting at 1 win.