• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is everyone else as speechless as me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with what you say Ruger but, what I can't understand is how was Holtz able to win a couple of CUSA titles during his tenure I know it wasn't BEAST caliber but it wasn't that much below.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

We were able to win in Skips first year despite Skip as well AND BEAT Clemson in a Bowl game, Than he put his hands all over the program and recruited his players and we are seeing the fruits of his labor.

Skip cost us games in his first 2 years with play calling, game management ect... We just had the talent to overcome the bone head decisions. Now we don't.  ECU went thru the same thing Win at first, than he left the cupboard bare. Took all these years to get it back to their winning ways.  

So if Coach T is as good as advertised we should expect to see it take 3-4 years before we start competing and winning again.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628

Starts at the Top (Douggie Fresh) is the problem.   He allowed Charliey Brown to kill this team and now the fan base. He also pissed away millions a year in a contract extension that we have to pay for years He also replaced him with a D2 type coach,(full of catchy phrases but yet to prove anything) I hope Coach T can turn it around, But imagine if we have the 1.1 million in Coach T's salary and the millions in Skippy's pay to leave to actually pay a proven coach at the D1 level.    

When will the fan base start waking up and speak with their money or demand that Judy do the right thing and clean house at the top. May as well do it now when we are that bottom than to draw this out for years and years to realize it has to happen at somepoint.

Notice that ECU is back again( took years of Skip being gone) ECU is sitting with 1 loss by 5 to VA Tech and beat the snot out of UNC yesterday),  La Tech lost to Army and is sitting at 1 win. 

A D2 type coach? Yea he only took the worst team in college football to a bowl game in his 3rd year there  :nope:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Skip was awful. That being said he seemed like a pretty solid hire after rebuilding ECU. Yes, he rebuilt ECU after they bottomed out with John Thompson. So lets not make up facts about how he killed ECU...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114

That's kinda my point Joe he was there 5 years and won two titles his last two years he was obviously successful how did he screw up so bad here, I'm not defending him I glad he's gone just don't understand.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

Notice that ECU is back again( took years of Skip being gone) 

Seriously?? Are you that clueless ....?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

That's kinda my point Joe he was there 5 years and won two titles his last two years he was obviously successful how did he screw up so bad here, I'm not defending him I glad he's gone just don't understand.

Great point .... Appears that Skip's a head coach that's only as good as his assistants and he must have had good ones at ECU but not good enough ones here. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with what you say Ruger but, what I can't understand is how was Holtz able to win a couple of CUSA titles during his tenure I know it wasn't BEAST caliber but it wasn't that much below.

C-USA talent was indeed that much lower than where our program used to be. The year that we absolutely drubbed UCF 64-12, they easily won C-USA. The top 2 running backs in the nation were in C-USA at that time. Nothing against Smith or Forte, but, neither of those guys was legitimately a top-5 NCAA RB, they just benefited from how bad the defenses were in that conference.

My GF is a Miami fan, so, yesterday was tough and it was hard to get her to understand why. I am not at all upset at that game. Sure, I think we could have played better, and maybe even worked out a win. But, the game went pretty much how I expected. The hole we're in is deep. It saddens me to no end. I don't care how the next game goes, or, the next 8. I am hopeful that Tags can figure it out, get this team to show some progress, recruit, and start selling that dream again to some kids that will play with the pride and passion that we used to see on Saturdays.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

0-12 here we come

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Great point .... Appears that Skip's a head coach that's only as good as his assistants and he must have had good ones at ECU but not good enough ones here. 

You realize that he brought most of them with him right? I think the DC stayed back and may be the HC now... I don't disagree with you, it was my major concern with Skip was handed about 70% more money for assistants than Leavitt had and he brought in his same staff, giving some of them nearly double the salary they were previously making.

I don't know who it could have been, but, fire Leavitt, fine, but, if any of his assistants had been promoted and kept his staff together, this team would be in a better place right now. Canales could have kept things together. He may still not have been the answer at the end of the day, but, Leavitt assembled a very cheap BCS staff that was better for a whole lot less money than the guys Skippy brought in.