• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is everyone else as speechless as me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I agree with what you say Ruger but, what I can't understand is how was Holtz able to win a couple of CUSA titles during his tenure I know it wasn't BEAST caliber but it wasn't that much below.

C-USA talent was indeed that much lower than where our program used to be. The year that we absolutely drubbed UCF 64-12, they easily won C-USA. The top 2 running backs in the nation were in C-USA at that time. Nothing against Smith or Forte, but, neither of those guys was legitimately a top-5 NCAA RB, they just benefited from how bad the defenses were in that conference.

My GF is a Miami fan, so, yesterday was tough and it was hard to get her to understand why. I am not at all upset at that game. Sure, I think we could have played better, and maybe even worked out a win. But, the game went pretty much how I expected. The hole we're in is deep. It saddens me to no end. I don't care how the next game goes, or, the next 8. I am hopeful that Tags can figure it out, get this team to show some progress, recruit, and start selling that dream again to some kids that will play with the pride and passion that we used to see on Saturdays.

You lost me when you claimed Forte was lacking in talent.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i really didn't think usf was going to do anything this year because we didn't have a qb

i was stunned when coach t didn't bring in a juco or freshman ready to go

instead he went with 2 stiffs we had last year---that left me speechless

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

that left me speechless

If only...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

i really didn't think usf was going to do anything this year because we didn't have a qb

i was stunned when coach t didn't bring in a juco or freshman ready to go

instead he went with 2 stiffs we had last year---that left me speechless

bench is a transfer from penn state. he also openly courted several possible transfers like trickett from FSU that chose west virginia.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with what you say Ruger but, what I can't understand is how was Holtz able to win a couple of CUSA titles during his tenure I know it wasn't BEAST caliber but it wasn't that much below.

C-USA talent was indeed that much lower than where our program used to be. The year that we absolutely drubbed UCF 64-12, they easily won C-USA. The top 2 running backs in the nation were in C-USA at that time. Nothing against Smith or Forte, but, neither of those guys was legitimately a top-5 NCAA RB, they just benefited from how bad the defenses were in that conference.

My GF is a Miami fan, so, yesterday was tough and it was hard to get her to understand why. I am not at all upset at that game. Sure, I think we could have played better, and maybe even worked out a win. But, the game went pretty much how I expected. The hole we're in is deep. It saddens me to no end. I don't care how the next game goes, or, the next 8. I am hopeful that Tags can figure it out, get this team to show some progress, recruit, and start selling that dream again to some kids that will play with the pride and passion that we used to see on Saturdays.

Reading comprehension, I said that I didn't think that either of those guys were top-5... like if you put Forte on say, USF, he wouldn't have put up top-5 stats that year.

Unless of course you're saying in 2007 he was actually better than Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Darren McFadden, Mike Hart, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, Jamaal Charles, Leshean McCoy, Knowshon Moreno, Felix Jones, Arian Foster, DeMarco Murray.

You put any of those guys on that list in C-USA and hand them the ball 360+ times, and these guys wouldn't have even been close. We already know that Smith was worked over with his 450, but, even Forte had like 40 more carries than McFadden, 80 more than Stewart, 90 more than McCoy. You couldn't run the ball that much unless the run defenses you're facing are absolutely terrible.

In fact, 5 of the top 15 RBs in yards came from C-USA (2007)... maybe it's a power conference and we just failed to recognize that.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

In the 100 plus years of college football this has happened countless times and all without Skip Holtz to blame. And to teams with winning coaches in the job for years, all of the sudden the bottom falls out. Phillip Fulmer being an excellent example. Or Tommy Tuberville.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Reading comprehension, I said that I didn't think that either of those guys were top-5... like if you put Forte on say, USF, he wouldn't have put up top-5 stats that year.

Writing skills. When you say CUSA had much lower talent, then you pick their two best RBs and claim neither of them was a legit top-5 RB (though the fact that Forte has outgained your entire list by about 2000 yards in his career, except for Rice, says otherwise), then say they benefited from playing against poor competition, you're saying Forte lacks talent. If you meant strictly stats like you said in your next post, thats what you type.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

Starts at the Top (Douggie Fresh) is the problem.   He allowed Charliey Brown to kill this team and now the fan base. He also pissed away millions a year in a contract extension that we have to pay for years He also replaced him with a D2 type coach,(full of catchy phrases but yet to prove anything) I hope Coach T can turn it around, But imagine if we have the 1.1 million in Coach T's salary and the millions in Skippy's pay to leave to actually pay a proven coach at the D1 level.    

When will the fan base start waking up and speak with their money or demand that Judy do the right thing and clean house at the top. May as well do it now when we are that bottom than to draw this out for years and years to realize it has to happen at somepoint.

Notice that ECU is back again( took years of Skip being gone) ECU is sitting with 1 loss by 5 to VA Tech and beat the snot out of UNC yesterday),  La Tech lost to Army and is sitting at 1 win. 

As in almost everything you post you are completely wrong.  #1 skip is not getting millions a year.  His buyout was 500k a year.  #2 This D2 type coach you speak of that has not only been mentored by the Haurbaughs (who all started at d2 schools) was pretty successful at Stanford if memory serves me.  CWT has been a winner everywhere he has gone USF will be no different.

How can you point at Skip and say look at what he did at ECU and now LaTech and see the transformation of ECU now 3 years after he is gone and then say CWT cant do it after only 4 games.  You are a hypocrite.  You cant point to the success of ECU after skip and then say USF cant do it with CWT.  You cant have it both ways after 4 games.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

that left me speechless

If only...

roflmao

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Starts at the Top (Douggie Fresh) is the problem.   He allowed Charliey Brown to kill this team and now the fan base. He also pissed away millions a year in a contract extension that we have to pay for years He also replaced him with a D2 type coach,(full of catchy phrases but yet to prove anything) I hope Coach T can turn it around, But imagine if we have the 1.1 million in Coach T's salary and the millions in Skippy's pay to leave to actually pay a proven coach at the D1 level.    

When will the fan base start waking up and speak with their money or demand that Judy do the right thing and clean house at the top. May as well do it now when we are that bottom than to draw this out for years and years to realize it has to happen at somepoint.

Notice that ECU is back again( took years of Skip being gone) ECU is sitting with 1 loss by 5 to VA Tech and beat the snot out of UNC yesterday),  La Tech lost to Army and is sitting at 1 win. 

As in almost everything you post you are completely wrong.  #1 skip is not getting millions a year.  His buyout was 500k a year.  #2 This D2 type coach you speak of that has not only been mentored by the Haurbaughs (who all started at d2 schools) was pretty successful at Stanford if memory serves me.  CWT has been a winner everywhere he has gone USF will be no different.

How can you point at Skip and say look at what he did at ECU and now LaTech and see the transformation of ECU now 3 years after he is gone and then say CWT cant do it after only 4 games.  You are a hypocrite.  You cant point to the success of ECU after skip and then say USF cant do it with CWT.  You cant have it both ways after 4 games.

#3 ECU supposedly being "back again", taking years of Skip being gone. Skip left ECU with back to back conference championships. For whatever reason, he left ECU in a lot better shape than he did us.