• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will there be any fans left at the end of the season?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

agreed to all the positive sentiment here but in my humble opinion, someone needs to be accountable. **** happens in life. disappointment happens. but if you sit there and do nothing about it, you become the problem. I found a bar today to watch the game. I can't stop being a fan. But doesn't mean I'm not livid at the administration for letting it come to this. this is a subject in which many disagree here but i'll stick to my guns and say doug needs to go. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

If you stop supporting the team, then you never loved them.  True fans look at their team like family, yeah, they may piss you off and disappoint you, but they're blood so you'll always help when asked and have hope they'll turn the corner.  That makes when they win so much sweeter. 

We knew this was going to be a long season, probably two or three, but this thing will get better and I'll be there to enjoy when it does.

You hate to play the "true fans" card but you described it perfectly ... and looking at the crowd today, there aren't many true fans left locally anyway. There were more non-student UM fans at this game than their own home games ... The student section was especially disturbing with all the orange in it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

My last game will be Cincy for the season. I am going to donate the games after that maybe to the boys and girls club. That doesn't make me any lesser of a fan. I bought and paid for all season, 10 tickets actually, but I will have other things to do after the Cincy game. I will watch the other games on the TV

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

When you start counting the dollars it's tough to stomach it.

Hoping we can start improving. Next week conference play starts!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I absolutely will be there. I have stayed to the end of every game so far. I am not a fair-weather fan. I look for the improvements in the team. I don't expect to start winning again overnight. Bench looked worlds better then the other two QB's who have started. As good as we would like? nope. But he seemed to handle himself a lot better. Did we still have painful turnovers? Yes, but they seemed to be created by the defense more so then just handing them over willy nilly. Lets face it Skip left us with No QB, No OL, 1 WR (when Davis is having a good day) and 1 RB (shaw). Sure Miami almost broke 50 on us but we were not shut out. We did put up 2 offensive touch downs, and our defense stepped up and got one as well. For going against a top program after our Mcneese State fiasco I think we are making good improvements. I am actually still looking forward to conference play. I do not think this will be a 0-12 season anymore. I still see us able to take at least 3 of our conference foes. is 3-9 good? Hell No, but if we can end up with a few wins on the table and keep bringing these games closer and looking better as a team we will only have up to go. Get over yourselves, support your team. I doubt many of you could do any better on the field or behind the clipboard. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If you stop supporting the team, then you never loved them.  True fans look at their team like family, yeah, they may piss you off and disappoint you, but they're blood so you'll always help when asked and have hope they'll turn the corner.  That makes when they win so much sweeter. 

We knew this was going to be a long season, probably two or three, but this thing will get better and I'll be there to enjoy when it does.

Totally agree. As opposed to the Nancies who think that magic doesn't involve a lot of hard work and struggle, I will always bleed Green and Gold. I mean look at Vandy fans, Cubby fans even my beloved Braves before they went worst to 1st(and then a Professional Sport record 14 titles in a row, thereafter). This program will be fine. It may take years to happen. The Nancies are just slaves to the "I want it now" society that we have become. I will still be able to sleep tonite, I won't kick the dog and the breeze is delicious outside. Nancy, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR A WHILE!!!!

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,769
  • Days Won:  3

In it to the bitter end.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I think we will find about 5,000 paying fans are actually true fans by your definition then.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

This.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

In it til the end... But really really ticked off and rightly so!