• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will there be any fans left at the end of the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'll be there for the rest of the home games. At this point, it's not about wins and losses for me.....I'm excited to see the young players get in there and I'm looking for a modicum of progress with this team.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'd say if you are not prepared for a 6 year haul, you might want to drop off now. Not sure that CWT's system of football is going to be the answer. I think there is a reason not many college teams run it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I'd say if you are not prepared for a 6 year haul, you might want to drop off now. Not sure that CWT's system of football is going to be the answer. I think there is a reason not many college teams run it.

Some of our naive "fans" apparently aren't prepared for a one year overhaul ...

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Some of our naive "fans" apparently are prepared for a one year overhaul ...

I think most realistic fans expect a team that is reasonably competitive year in and year out.  We could play this game over 100 times and the product we have looses every time, probably looses to FIU 60/100 and McNeese St 50/100.  There is no fathomable way that is acceptable for the budget or investment we have placed in football.  

What I would say is naive is to think we can play another 3 years of football the way we have played the last 3 years and remain solvent.  We either need to dramatically cut expenditures or return to a level of competitiveness that is at least marginally entertaining.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

I think most realistic fans expect a team that is reasonably competitive year in and year out.  We could play this game over 100 times and the product we have looses every time, probably looses to FIU 60/100 and McNeese St 50/100.  There is no fathomable way that is acceptable for the budget or investment we have placed in football.  

What I would say is naive is to think we can play another 3 years of football the way we have played the last 3 years and remain solvent.  We either need to dramatically cut expenditures or return to a level of competitiveness that is at least marginally entertaining.

So what do you say to UCF fans who went through an 0 -12 season not too long ago and are now enjoying a decent team?  They didn't get their money's worth that year but they are now.  This stuff goes through cycles unless your Alabama, Ohio St, etc.  This is a tough year but, as others have said, things will get better eventually.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think Groupers point is that this stretch of terrible football is coming at a time when our financial situation is taking some huge cuts. It's not really a comparable situation to UCF's 0-12 streak a few years ago, as they weren't in relegation status like we are.

At least I think that's what he was trying to get across.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

If the Browns can still have fans, USF will too.

It is pretty tough to be a fan of both teams.

I'll still be a fan of both... no matter what

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You could be a Cub fan like me... we've been rebuilding since 1909. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

So what do you say to UCF fans who went through an 0 -12 season not too long ago and are now enjoying a decent team?  They didn't get their money's worth that year but they are now.  This stuff goes through cycles unless your Alabama, Ohio St, etc.  This is a tough year but, as others have said, things will get better eventually.

I would say that when UCF was 0-12 they didn't have very man fans!  I attended a game or two in the citrus dump.  Went with some WVU fans and the stadium was probably 60% Mountaineer.  Win and the fans will eventually return.

But by investment above I really meant investment by the University (we was a somewhat ambiguous pronoun).  As a school USF has invested far too much money in the football program for the results we are seeing.  Sure these things run in cycles and noone realistically expects USF to be competing for NCs -- but we have to be a lot better than this.  If we aren't, and if we aren't real soon, football will not be solvent.  There can't be a 6 year plan because I doubt seriously we could afford to maintain football that long with this kind of a team.