• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart on the hot seat?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'll keep banging the drum. Talent wasn't the reason we lost to McNeese State and FAU. While the QB position is thin, we've got enough and/or more talent than those two schools at MOST positions.

That being said. Hot seat? Stupid.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

No, he shouldn't be on the hot seat.  He needs to overcome Skip's recruiting and player attitude, which was a lot different than Levitt's.

According to the Bulldog forum, Skip is already taking heat at La Tech for a pathetic offense.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'll keep banging the drum. Talent wasn't the reason we lost to McNeese State and FAU. While the QB position is thin, we've got enough and/or more talent than those two schools at MOST positions.

what could the coaches have done differently?

we gave mcneese state 23 points on a pick 6 + 2 turnovers inside our 20 and a safety.

we gave FAU a fumble for TD, a pick 6 and another turnover inside our 40.

sometimes the less talented teams win (even though I don't believe for a minute that a team that has lost 12 of it's last 13 is somehow much more talented than even a 1-aa program)

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

we gave mcneese state 23 points on a pick 6 + 2 turnovers inside our 20 and a safety.

sometimes the less talented teams win (even though I don't believe for a minute that a team that has lost 12 of it's last 13 is somehow much more talented than even a 1-aa program)

We've lost 12 of 13 but most of those games were against school that had more talent than we dod. Our COMPLETE roster has a lot more talent than McNeese State or FAU. Anyone who says differently is kidding themselves.

As far as coaching decisions, there are plenty of things that can be done differently, I'm not

Going to sit here and nitpick.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We've lost 12 of 13 but most of those games were against school that had more talent than we dod. Our COMPLETE roster has a lot more talent than McNeese State or FAU. Anyone who says differently is kidding themselves.

As far as coaching decisions, there are plenty of things that can be done differently, I'm not

Going to sit here and nitpick.

if you're going to blame those losses on coaches and not lack of talent or just dumb luck turnovers then you should probably point out some examples. maybe a boneheaded call or game mismanagement. no need to nitpick just an example or two.

again the most talented team doesn't always win. even if you would consider a team that has lost 12 of 13 talented.

most of those games were also played with an NFL QB. our current crop have accounted for 3 offensive TDs while giving away 5. hard to win when your offense is giving up 12 ppg.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Ludicrous. What we see now is that Skip didn't recruit a single viable player.

Not saying I'm sold on Taggart, not at all, but 3 games into cleaning this colossal mess up is not the time to make a decision.

Who recruited Marcus Shaw? There are Leavitt players on the team too, like Giddens. I mean, its more than quality at the moment, mentality of can't win a game can overcome talent.

Leavitt recruited marcus shaw. He committed october 26 2009 while leavitt was still here. If anything, holtz didnt want shaw and it was evident. How often did he see the field during his tenure? And now here he is first year of taggart and hes on pace for 1500 rushing yards

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart gets atleast 3 years.... possibly 4 before anything should happen. He has to have time to cleanse Skip's whatever mentality out of that locker room with his own recruits.

This is what I do not understand and what pisses me off.  When we are loosing these games I am furious that it is happen and it makes me sick to my stomach to watch.  But to see the players just walking around on the sideline or sitting there like they do not give a crap makes my blood boil.  This program used to have pride. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

No, he shouldn't be on the hot seat.  He needs to overcome Skip's recruiting and player attitude, which was a lot different than Levitt's.

According to the Bulldog forum, Skip is already taking heat at La Tech for a pathetic offense.

So using this logic, its on CWT. Why? Because LATech should have the same attitude as the year before when they were the #1 scoring team in the nation. You guys keep using arguments that support your dislike of one thing when it flies in the face of something you support. USF is bad because of the coach from last year but LATech is bad because of the coach from this year? Huh?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

No, he shouldn't be on the hot seat. He needs to overcome Skip's recruiting and player attitude, which was a lot different than Levitt's.

So using this logic, its on CWT. Why? Because LATech should have the same attitude as the year before when they were the #1 scoring team in the nation. You guys keep using arguments that support your dislike of one thing when it flies in the face of something you support. USF is bad because of the coach from last year but LATech is bad because of the coach from this year? Huh?
The logic is that both LA Tech and USF are bad because of a coach named Skip Holtz.

There seems to be some inertia in all of this. Leavitt left some for Holtz in a good way, and now Holtz left some for Taggart in a bad way.

Holtz takes over a winning program and looks bad. Taggart takes over a losing program so he has a lot more leeway.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

No, he shouldn't be on the hot seat. He needs to overcome Skip's recruiting and player attitude, which was a lot different than Levitt's.

The logic is that both LA Tech and USF are bad because of a coach named Skip Holtz.

There seems to be some inertia in all of this. Leavitt left some for Holtz in a good way, and now Holtz left some for Taggart in a bad way.

Must have been a miracle he won back to back conference championships. Or got to the 1aa playoffs. Pure miracle.