• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart on the hot seat?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

automotivator_blind-squirrel.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Are you guys really trying to use the "lack of talent" excuse?? Our guys right now are more "talented" than players we fielded in the past.

Talent is NOT the issue. Hell, we used to do much more with less! The only glaring issue that I can see is HUNGER. Our guys just don't want it as much. 

Correct, we have neutered Bulls!!  A coach can help them find their balls, but if there exists rules and regulations on how to coach from the administration or if the coach needs more time to get through to the ones still here, then it might never happen or just take longer, respectively.  I wish I knew more about the issues related to this glaring lack of fire in players. It is something we really didn't see when Leavitt coached.  I guess we might want to ask the "Most Important Man in the Building", Doug Woolard.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Are you guys really trying to use the "lack of talent" excuse?? Our guys right now are more "talented" than players we fielded in the past.

Talent is NOT the issue. Hell, we used to do much more with less! The only glaring issue that I can see is HUNGER. Our guys just don't want it as much. 

Correct, we have neutered Bulls!!  A coach can help them find their balls, but if there exists rules and regulations on how to coach from the administration or if the coach needs more time to get through to the ones still here, then it might never happen or just take longer, respectively.  I wish I knew more about the issues related to this glaring lack of fire in players. It is something we really didn't see when Leavitt coached.  I guess we might want to ask the "Most Important Man in the Building", Doug Woolard.

So let's review. CWT arrives at WKU which had zero wins the previous season and 2 the one before. And his first year at WKU he gets two wins and loses to FAU by 1 point.  Who thinks this team has less talent than WKU in 2010? The two wins, btw, were against FCS teams. I doubt that anything Holtz did was worse than what happened to that team that was 2-20 over the previous two seasons.  I'd stop blaming previous coaches or talent. I have yet to see anyone on staff or at the school use that excuse.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

So let's review. CWT arrives at WKU which had zero wins the previous season and 2 the one before. And his first year at WKU he gets two wins and loses to FAU by 1 point.  Who thinks this team has less talent than WKU in 2010? The two wins, btw, were against FCS teams. I doubt that anything Holtz did was worse than what happened to that team that was 2-20 over the previous two seasons.  I'd stop blaming previous coaches or talent. I have yet to see anyone on staff or at the school use that excuse.

I'm not blaming previous coaches or talent, where do you arrive at that conclusion from my post?  If anything, I'm blaming the guy who maintains "institutional control" over ALL athletic programs at USF and who, to date, has NEVER been held accountable for anything except......."hey, we have some new on campus facilities".  As a leader, the AD is the guy ultimately in charge.  Paul Griffin certainly knew and unfortunately died by that sword, LRS knew it, but Woolard is held to a much lesser standard than his predecessors, WHY???????

That's a nice speech but you can be the most talented, fit into the scheme player that CWT wants but if you don't play like you know the fundamentals of football,like secure the ball, know the snap count, etc.. it don't mean JACK. A lot of problems with this team is a LACK of attention on FUNDAMENTALS and that FALLS ON COACHING to fix, THIS YEAR just like it did when Holtz began losing.

I'm not blaming previous coaches or talent, where do you arrive at that conclusion from my post?  If anything, I'm blaming the guy who maintains "institutional control" over ALL athletic programs at USF and who, to date, has NEVER been held accountable for anything except......."hey, we have some new on campus facilities".  As a leader, the AD is the guy ultimately in charge.  Paul Griffin certainly knew and unfortunately died by that sword, LRS knew it, but Woolard is held to a much lesser standard than his predecessors, WHY???????

Yeah, well the AD isn't on the field teaching ball security and how to not jump the snap count, he's trying to figure out how to pay for equipment and every thing else that ADs do to make sure the tools are there for the coaches and players to be successful. Go and look at the list of the top ADs. More than one is noted FOR LETTING THE COACHES COACH and not get involved.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

we still get to play memphis and uconn...."so I'm saying there's a chance"

Coach definitely not on the hot seat. USF fans are in uncharted rock bottom territory. They've never had to experience these lows, never had to experience rebuilding. This is probably the worst case scenario of rebuilding right now, but it is rebuilding. Defense looks to be slowly making progress. Breakdowns happen, but overall have seen them play a bit better since week 1. Offense hasn't hit its stride yet, but it's really not going to this year with that O-line personnel. Bench does look to be a "savior" of sorts, as he at least has some upside to him, and some mobility.

I have to use the Kragthorpe model. Louisville was team toilet for 3 years. Strong got there and had a rough first season with a bare cupboard, but turned it around with some good recruiting and patience. Give Willie a year to recruit, and get things in order. A year of experience and a good/lucky/whatever you wanna call it recruit could exponentially turn things around. It's going to be rough, but it honestly can't get much worse (short of ridiculous things like dropping conferences or to FCS or shutting down or something).

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

that FALLS ON COACHING to fix, THIS YEAR 

would u like  fries with that "fast food mentality" ?