• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart on the hot seat?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Ludicrous. What we see now is that Skip didn't recruit a single viable player.

Not saying I'm sold on Taggart, not at all, but 3 games into cleaning this colossal mess up is not the time to make a decision.

Who recruited Marcus Shaw? There are Leavitt players on the team too, like Giddens. I mean, its more than quality at the moment, mentality of can't win a game can overcome talent.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

FAU got the recruits that nobody wanted and still managed to beat us. I don't think the blame should be placed soley on talent.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

FAU got the recruits that nobody wanted and still managed to beat us. I don't think the blame should be placed soley on talent.

Exactly. I have a hard time believing we arent more talented than FAU or MSU. We just havent been using that talent properly on offense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Fast food mentality.

More like kneejerk mentality.  Needed someone to put on the list, so scan the W/L.  Makes no sense, but most people reading that opinion wouldn't know any better.

The author did remind me, however, that we have a great shot at not losing next week.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Are you guys really trying to use the "lack of talent" excuse?? Our guys right now are more "talented" than players we fielded in the past.

Talent is NOT the issue. Hell, we used to do much more with less! The only glaring issue that I can see is HUNGER. Our guys just don't want it as much. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Exactly. I have a hard time believing we arent more talented than FAU or MSU. We just havent been using that talent properly on offense.

why do people say this? look at most of the recruits Skip signed and where their offers came from. many of the best offers were by teams like arkansas state, fiu, fau, middle tenn ,etc. it's not like skip was winning recruiting battles against top tier BCS programs. sure he picked up 1 or 2 but it takes more than that to have a successful team.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Hot seat right now?  Shouldn't be.  By year 3 though, that is a different story.

It is pretty clear, or at least should be clear, that CWT will have to build this team from the ground up.  Besides a couple of stars (like Shaw), there is really no talent on this team.  The failures of Skip Holtz's recruiting started to really show themselves over the past 2 years.  And this year it is even more evident of Holtz's recruiting failures.  Even looking at LA Tech right now, they are 3 games in and the people are booing after they lost to Tulane......

Pretty good article on Holtz:

http://www.voodoofive.com/2013/9/13/4725856/skip-holtz-usf-louisiana-tech-train-wreck-stealing-money

CWT has his work cut out for him.  I would basically expect a 0-12 record this year.  Next season expect improvement.  And it is all going to start on the recruiting level.  According to Rivals right now (if you put any stock in that anyways), USF is ranked #40 with what looks like some pretty good talent coming in.

Guys, this is rock bottom.  The 2013 season will be the rock bottom season that Holtz's failures have brought upon the program.  The program has to be rebuilt from scratch.

While i was watching the UCF/FIU game a couple of friday's ago, the commentators mentioned something I thought actually related to the present USF situation.  They mention how FIU brought in Coach Turner to completely build a program.  Build it from the bottom.  This is exactly what CWT is going to have to do as well.  Like it or not, this is the situation.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Are you guys really trying to use the "lack of talent" excuse?? Our guys right now are more "talented" than players we fielded in the past.

Talent is NOT the issue. Hell, we used to do much more with less! The only glaring issue that I can see is HUNGER. Our guys just don't want it as much. 

really? a walk-on QB from jesuit is more talented than a 4 star from lincoln tallahassee? our LBs couldn't touch Mitchell Nicholas Williams etc. our secondary starts a walk-on again couldn't touch trae or mike or henry etc. don't even get started on the lines.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

This was the third time in four years Taggart has lost to a really bad FAU team. Looks like FAU might have Taggart's number... It used to be Rutgers that had our number, hopefully FAU (and everyone else we play) doesn't replace them. That would be really depressing.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'd really like some of the local retired NFL talent or even former USF players stop by and try and light a fire under their butts. The only person I saw trying to do that on the sidelines was...Lynch, trying to talk Chandler out of a funk he was in. They got to realize they aren't alone in this, they have each other and they really are much better than they are playing.