• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i think coach t realized he is no longer at wku

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Hey he had it tough at WKU also that was a bad program.

He will be ok just give the guy some time. He inherited a bad football program.

The quicker the guys buy into his system the quicker things will get turned around.

We need players too.

Seriously though. I hope our fans mean this. This season is going to be very rough. Next season could see a lot of losing too.

People jumped on Skip in year 2. Hopefully that wot happen with Taggart.

The "people" you refer to don't reside here.  They are major donors and trustees.  Holtz needed to go because he was killing this program and the people who contribute the bulk of the money to the program recognized it.  He didn't go because a bunch of Bullspenners were calling him out.  Taggart's going to be on an even shorter leash so he needs to get his players motivated and quick.

Please tell me who these people who contribute the bulk of the money to the program are. I'd like to meet them. Do you speak with them regularly?

Read the small board along the ring in Ray Jay.  Those names that get put up there are the Iron Bull Donors.  But of those there are probably a handful of donors that give enough to even have Doug's ear on these matters. The Muma's are probably tops on the list.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

The quicker the guys buy into his system the quicker things will get turned around.

We need players too.

Seriously though. I hope our fans mean this. This season is going to be very rough. Next season could see a lot of losing too.

The "people" you refer to don't reside here.  They are major donors and trustees.  Holtz needed to go because he was killing this program and the people who contribute the bulk of the money to the program recognized it.  He didn't go because a bunch of Bullspenners were calling him out.  Taggart's going to be on an even shorter leash so he needs to get his players motivated and quick.

You didn't grasp what he said ... The major donors and trustees weren't jumping on Skip in year 2,

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

The tide turned approx. Ball State and Temple.  That's when you started to hear about donor rumblings if I recall correctly.

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

The tide turned approx. Ball State and Temple.  That's when you started to hear about donor rumblings if I recall correctly.

That's when the email from one of the biggies to either Judy or Doug was made public  ....

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

We need players too.

in what world is that even close to being fair?

Holtz inherits a winning program and drives it into the dirt. (I was confused that his main plan was to change the culture-- I guess to a losing one)

Taggart inherits that mess and he gets less of a leash?

No way-- he will be our coach for at least 4 years and given a chance to right the ship.

One game into his tenure and we are going on a witch hunt because of who we lost to--- as if he is some sort of miracle worker.

Give the guy some time to coach and build this team

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

We need players too.

Tht would be because Holtz took a team that had plenty of playmakers including a returning established QB but still failed to win. Holtz caused his own demise. It will take at least a year or two to get rid of his stench that was left over our program.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

That's when the email from one of the biggies to either Judy or Doug was made public  ....

It was after losing to Temple, I believe it was the TECO president or CEO or something along those lines

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Still say the talent is there. If anything it seems that these guys are acting like when they were the standout on their high school team and it was their improvised play, often outside the scheme, that brought wins. It doesn't work like that in college. I mean there was an article by Greg in 2011, with Holtz here, that had the recruiting class ranked at #20.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-recruiting-class-ranked-no-20-rivals

It's still early, but USF's 2012 football recruiting class is ranked 20th nationally by Rivals.com, which credits the Bulls as having eight commitments from players entering their senior year of high school.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

CEO of TECO email to Judy was made public. It needed to be said, and sadly my pay grade isn't loud enough for me to say it. 

EDIT: Something like "there is something majorly wrong with our football program"

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

CEO of TECO email to Judy was made public. It needed to be said, and sadly my pay grade isn't loud enough for me to say it. 

EDIT: Something like "there is something majorly wrong with our football program"

And he admitted he didn't know what since he wasn't a football expert and agreed that at the time it was done the extension for Holtz was a move he agreed with. So yeah, hindsight is perfect but there are those that admit, looking back some things they agreed with at the time that later they didn't and also that we aren't experts in football and know why things aren't working, these are all theories by armchair QBs on Monday morning.