• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i think coach t realized he is no longer at wku

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Hey he had it tough at WKU also that was a bad program.

He will be ok just give the guy some time. He inherited a bad football program.

The quicker the guys buy into his system the quicker things will get turned around.

We need players too.

Seriously though. I hope our fans mean this. This season is going to be very rough. Next season could see a lot of losing too.

People jumped on Skip in year 2. Hopefully that wot happen with Taggart.

The "people" you refer to don't reside here.  They are major donors and trustees.  Holtz needed to go because he was killing this program and the people who contribute the bulk of the money to the program recognized it.  He didn't go because a bunch of Bullspenners were calling him out.  Taggart's going to be on an even shorter leash so he needs to get his players motivated and quick.

Please tell me who these people who contribute the bulk of the money to the program are. I'd like to meet them. Do you speak with them regularly?

Read the small board along the ring in Ray Jay.  Those names that get put up there are the Iron Bull Donors.  But of those there are probably a handful of donors that give enough to even have Doug's ear on these matters. The Muma's are probably tops on the list.

I was being facetious, he has no idea what actually happened unless he was there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The quicker the guys buy into his system the quicker things will get turned around.

We need players too.

Seriously though. I hope our fans mean this. This season is going to be very rough. Next season could see a lot of losing too.

skip wasn't left with a total rebuild. I think most understand (at least i hope) that this is what we have now.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We need players too.

skip wasn't left with a total rebuild. I think most understand (at least i hope) that this is what we have now.

Agreed, Taggart has done it before and I believe he'll do it here. Just going to be a rough couple years.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

We need players too.

I don't. Are you saying Eveld can't pass, Shaw can't run, McFarland and Davis can't catch, Lynch can't tackle, etc.?  Shaw had one fumble but also had over 12ypc with almost 200 total rec and rushing yards.

We need players too.

I don't. Are you saying Eveld can't pass, Shaw can't run, McFarland and Davis can't catch, Lynch can't tackle, etc.?  Shaw had one fumble but also had over 12ypc with almost 200 total rec and rushing yards.

Eveld won't be making an NFL roster anytime soon. his #'s weren't great aginst McNeese state either. 10-20 137. without 59 yard TD he had 78 yards passing in 1 half with 50% completion percentage against 1-aa team. Not exactly BJ Daniels type numbers.

McFarland has 5 (?) catches in his entire career.

Shaw was here before Skippy(he was a Leavitt recruit)

Leavitt also left him with J Williams (arguably our best NFL LB ever)

M Raymond(NFL)

K Webster(NFL)

Edited by Bull94

We need players too.

Eveld won't be making an NFL roster anytime soon. his #'s weren't great aginst McNeese state either. 10-20 137. without 59 yard TD he had 78 yards passing in 1 half with 50% completion percentage against 1-aa team. Not exactly BJ Daniels type numbers.

M Raymond(NFL)

K Webster(NFL)

Luckily this isn't the NFL because you'd run out of fingers counting Heisman QBs that can't make an NFL team.

And regardless who recruited them, they are on the team. Saying the team needs a total (hint, check dictionary definition) rebuild means they all need to go. That isn't the case at all.

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Upvote 1

We need players too.

M Raymond(NFL)

K Webster(NFL)

Luckily this isn't the NFL because you'd run out of fingers counting Heisman QBs that can't make an NFL team.

And regardless who recruited them, they are on the team. Saying the team needs a total (hint, check dictionary definition) rebuild means they all need to go. That isn't the case at all.

ok then Eveld won't be winning a heisman anytime soon. does that do it for you? BTW I was refering to the NFL QB Skip was left with.

I love it when people resort to semantics. it means they have lost their argument.

I should have said an 80% rebuild. sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Bull94

We need players too.

M Raymond(NFL)

K Webster(NFL)

ok then Eveld won't be winning a heisman anytime soon. does that do it for you? BTW I was refering to the NFL QB Skip was left with.

I love it when people resort to semantics. it means they have lost their argument.

So the team needs a total rebuild because it doesn't have an NFL quality or Heisman quality QB? You judged that after part of one game? :roflmao:

In the chat room, or was it in a thread, GAUSFBull said that Eveld came out looking like, "Joe Flacco". Good enough for me.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,541
  • Days Won:  423

After one game, it looks like a 100% rebuild but only time will tell what it really turns out to be ...