• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

September is our next order of business.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

All true and hilariously optimistic to think we will win either. Of course as a hardcore Bulls fan I hope/expect to win every game. Realistically, Skip left the cupboard dry. A 6-6 season like Charlie Strong's first would be a big improvement over last year, and that's about the most we can really expect considering the shambles CWT is picking up. We will not beat MSU, we will not beat Miami, tho I will be at both games yelling my head off for the green and gold.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good post Bill.  My expectations aren't high enough to expect wins over either MSU or Miami, but I will be cheering no less than my usual 110%.  I agree with Faza that 6-6, or even 7-5 is the likely best outcome.  Hope I'm wrong though and we go undefeated.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

some might argue that Ball St should have been a "filler win"

Then some would be wrong ... MAC teams aren't filler wins to programs like ours.

They should be. Ball St has no business beating USF. USF had never lost to a non bus team in BE era prior to Ball St. Remember routing NIU in a bowl.  The talent discrepancy was huge. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

some might argue that Ball St should have been a "filler win"

Then some would be wrong ... MAC teams aren't filler wins to programs like ours.

Bah, that's a team we stomped by 3 TD's the year prior.  We had no business losing that game with a senior laden team.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

If you think that USF should not destroy Ball St then the Holtz era did MASSIVE damage to this program.

I get the whole we are a mid-major and not in the ACC, SEC, or where ever but we should beat Ball St.  

I feel like people believe we are back in 2002 now.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

If you think that USF should not destroy Ball St then the Holtz era did MASSIVE damage to this program.

I get the whole we are a mid-major and not in the ACC, SEC, or where ever but we should beat Ball St.  

To me , "filler wins" are lower divisions and Sun Belt and lower in the FBS ... 99.9% chance of winning. I didn't say we shouldn't have beaten Ball State but a program that's never finished higher than 3rd in a so-so conference shouldn't be considering programs like Ball State a "filler win" .... Just shows the delusional aspect of some of our fans.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

And to think the two games in SEPT will not be against the highest ranked team  we have on the schedule this year( if the season plays out as the Experts predict).  We get Ville for Homecoming, they are ranked in the TOP 10 PRESEASON..

Could be a special season if we were to run the table.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Holy crap did you just type that?  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

And to think the two games in SEPT will not be against the highest ranked team we have on the schedule this year( if the season plays out as the Experts predict). We get Ville for Homecoming, they are ranked in the TOP 10 PRESEASON..

Top ten? Def overrated.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

To me , "filler wins" are lower divisions and Sun Belt and lower in the FBS ... 99.9% chance of winning. I didn't say we shouldn't have beaten Ball State but a program that's never finished higher than 3rd in a so-so conference shouldn't be considering programs like Ball State a "filler win" .... Just shows the delusional aspect of some of our fans.

That's such a weak argument considering the Big East was made up of schools who always beat one another. There was no Texas or FSU in our conference who always dominated while others fought over scraps. This was a league that would have 2 and 3 co-champs some years. The Big East had a better bowl record than a majority of the other BCS conferences, I wouldn't call that so-so. Just because the media loved to rip on the BE, doesn't make it factual or true.

How about considering that we consistently won 7 to 9 games per season in the Big East until the last 2 years? And as fans, having a program that beats the teams that we beat on our schedules (prior to being holtzecuted), it would be reasonable to believe we should have considered Ball State a filler win.