• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

September is our next order of business.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I'd consider McNeese to be a warm up game, and games like Ball State and FAU to be comparable to that 4th preseason game in the NFL. Where teams typically have all of their starters out there making sure they're all running together smoothly.

We should win those games, but they're tougher than your FAMUS, your Chattanoogas, McNeese States.

We put it to Ball State just a couple seasons ago. it was 37-7 but never close. No reason we should have lost the next matchup.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Don't forget FAU is only 7 places below us in rkgs, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/124/index2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

some might argue that Ball St should have been a "filler win"

Then some would be wrong ... MAC teams aren't filler wins to programs like ours.

They would be right. USF had never lost to a non-BCS team outside of our conference... Never.  Our last loss to a non-BCS team in OOC play was Utah... and that was before we joined C-USA.

Ball State - even on the road - should have been a filler win.

And how many MAC teams had we played during that time in a conference, before Ball State? .... Zero. Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't have won but equating BSU to gimmes like Elon and Charleston Southern just does not compute.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

I'd consider McNeese to be a warm up game, and games like Ball State and FAU to be comparable to that 4th preseason game in the NFL. Where teams typically have all of their starters out there making sure they're all running together smoothly.

We should win those games, but they're tougher than your FAMUS, your Chattanoogas, McNeese States.

Warm Up Game = Filler Win

Guest PCBull14

No one should be comparing Ball State to Elon or Charleston Southern, I mean Ball State did beat Indiana in back to back seasons. Even with that being said no reason why we should not have won that game by at least 10 points. Skip Holtz single handily just about destroyed the faith in this program and its fans. It’s really sad to see. I remember faking sick and skipping a rehearsal to attend the USF v. West Virginia game in ’07 I think. Can’t wait to hopefully get back to that point.