• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need some guidance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Make fun all you want, but I'm being serious. This is my first year as a season ticket holder and as a student, we would all walk in minutes before kickoff and be there just in time for the football players to take the field and what not. Is there something else I've been missing all of these years???

Sorry... thought it was just a snarky remark... Part of college football is the experience. The experience starts when HOT takes the field for pregame. People want this program to grow in fanbase and tradition... part of that is being in your seat for pre-game. Look at any decent size program... Auburn for example or Clemson.... the stands are full when the pre-game starts. 

At some point it will be more about what's inside the stadium than whats in the parking lot.... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

We are in Lot 3 as well.  Usually get there at 3:45 for a 7:00 start.  Set up by 4:00 and start to break it all down around 6:15.  Tailgating alone won't be all that great although I'm sure whoever you are parked near will be glad to chat with you.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,767
  • Days Won:  3

Make fun all you want, but I'm being serious. This is my first year as a season ticket holder and as a student, we would all walk in minutes before kickoff and be there just in time for the football players to take the field and what not. Is there something else I've been missing all of these years???

I for one am going to start entering the stadium for the pre-game. IF, they say "oooo that's hot", I will go back to entering right before the team entrance.

LMAO...  they need to stop that crap...  Ooooooo Thats HOT!...  just terrible

Which is why I try to time it just to hit the Nat'l Anthem. 

This '30 minute prior' idea...not really sure about the ROI. I'm not scouting the opposition during warm-ups and the 'pre-game show'...well, let's just leave it at that. I'll be right behind you guys marching for the exit in the event 'oooooohhh, that's hot' rings in my ears. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry... thought it was just a snarky remark... Part of college football is the experience. The experience starts when HOT takes the field for pregame. People want this program to grow in fanbase and tradition... part of that is being in your seat for pre-game. Look at any decent size program... Auburn for example or Clemson.... the stands are full when the pre-game starts. 

At some point it will be more about what's inside the stadium than whats in the parking lot.... 

Gotcha. Thank you for the heads up. As a student, we never really thought about it. It was more about getting in as much tailgating time as possible and then rushing to the game and screaming as loud as you can during the game. I'll make sure to demonstrate more promptness for pregame as a season ticket holder now

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Mainly its going to be just me unless some of my friends go. My wife got me season tickets for just me since she doesnt care about football (blasphemy, I know), and our little girls arent ready for the adventure yet. I'll probably just bring a mini grill if I get there real early and do up some brats or something, unless I meet up with some people and tailgate with.

I'm thinking this is going to be a MUCH better season than the last two. I can feel the change in the air, and most of our games are winnable. Thanks for the advice everyone

Feel free to meet up with my fam in Lot 3 (behind the pirate ship endzone) anytime! I'm sure there are other guys on this forum who throw way better tailgates (sounds like SpeedyBull has one I'd like to be at lol) and I'm sure you are welcome at ALL of them! Really hope you enjoy it this year

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98

Thanks for the invite Hem. I might just take you up on that. Last time I was at a game was in 97, when I started my path through USF. Just couldnt justify it during the Holtz years when i graduated in 2011.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sounds good my man, keep me posted! Message me your # when we get a little closer to gameday here so I can text you and let you know where we're at!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Hell yeah they are .... That's because with the crappy bleacher type seating, you got to get there early to establish your space.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  52

I'm sorry if this has been put out there already, but I was wondering when a good time would be to show up at the stadium for the games. I'd like to get there early enough to relax, take in some adult beverages, and find my seats. This is my first time with season tickets. Also, which parking lot is a good one to hit up. Can't wait for the season to start!

Rules are you can't set up your spot before noon on Friday and have to be gone by noon on Sunday...............wait...........you are talking about USF.   I have no clue then.  :)

http://www.mcneesesports.com/custompages/docshots/mcm12tg1.asp

Doc

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

We almost always are the first car in Lot 1 right when the gates open. Under the Big Tree in the corner close to where the band buses usually park.

We've tailgated the last few years with some Friends that were USF Faculty but they're moving to New Mexico so there's room under that big tree this season.