• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need some guidance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry if this has been put out there already, but I was wondering when a good time would be to show up at the stadium for the games. I'd like to get there early enough to relax, take in some adult beverages, and find my seats. This is my first time with season tickets. Also, which parking lot is a good one to hit up. Can't wait for the season to start!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I usually give it at least 2 hours. We're over in Lot 3 on the grass, but you really can't go wrong anywhere around the stadium.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Depends on if you have a Family where your seats are. Typically the families park on the South end you have all the bounce house radio booths set up there and free swag.

You don't get as much of that on the North end. North end is for Students.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Well...there are a number of variables in this highly scientific question...

a) are you bringing enthusiastic tailgating participants, or are you plagued with the "I'm only doing this because you're going" persons who would like to minimize their time in the hot Florida autumn?

b )Are you bringing enough tailgating paraphernalia to outfit a platoon of Rangers for a week or is it your cooler, chair and a bucket of KFC?

c) When it comes to parking, is there some physical consideration that prohibits you from walking over a half a mile to get to the stadium?

I'm usually there an hour and half before kickoff. That's enough time to shake hands, say hello, sit down and gnaw the head off a sammich and commence the quarter mile march to the stadium. Some friends, however, show up and make it a four hour venture with the generator/TV/grill/tents. There's plenty of parking around the stadium, however, it is patrolled by those who enforce rules limiting behavior that could result in accidentally having a good time (e.g. no ball throwing, etc.). Then again, there's plenty of less expensive lots all over the place. I've never used the lot where the old Tampa Bay Center mall was located but that seems to be very popular and I'm pretty sure it's not policed as much as the lots directly surrounding the stadium are. 

As for getting into the stadium and getting to your seats...that's your call. I try to get there just in time for the National Anthem, because it's less time sitting in the sun (about ten mins before kickoff). 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

All depends on your style. We're in lot 6, usually under the trees. We have a group of 4-6 cars. First game we'll meet at Hooters at 4pm, caravan in so we're all parked together. We don't cook at the tailgate. Everything is prepared at home. Everybody brings a dish. We can pull in, set up tents and tables, and be sitting with a cold beverage in 15 minutes.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

5 hours for games after 12; 4 hours for games before noon....

Games like UM, you can get there really early, the parking lot folks will just come and collect the $, typically in a cop car...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

1 rule....  BE IN YOUR SEAT 30 MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF.

Outside of that everything else is negotiable.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I'll tell you something interesting about Raymond James Stadium. You can show up last moment and get in pretty quick. People from other cities are amazed at how easy traffic and parking can be.

Take the Bucs pre-season game last week. I wasn't going to tailgate. I met friends in Carrollwood at 6:45, for a 7:30 kick-off, my friend made a wrong turn, cost us a bunch of time, we then parked remotely (think $5) ... walked to the stadium, went through security, I then signed up for the free soda at the designated driver booth and got to my seat for kickoff.

So, the parking, traffic and getting in really aren't bad, so just figure out how much relaxing time you want, and if you are going to tailgate or want to check out the Bulls Zone outside the stadium.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Mainly its going to be just me unless some of my friends go. My wife got me season tickets for just me since she doesnt care about football (blasphemy, I know), and our little girls arent ready for the adventure yet. I'll probably just bring a mini grill if I get there real early and do up some brats or something, unless I meet up with some people and tailgate with.

I'm thinking this is going to be a MUCH better season than the last two. I can feel the change in the air, and most of our games are winnable. Thanks for the advice everyone

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

1 rule....  BE IN YOUR SEAT 30 MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF.

Outside of that everything else is negotiable.

Why is that? Just curious. As a student I could see the need to get a good seat, but as a season ticket holder, what would be the point?

• Upvote 1