• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need some guidance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

"That's hot."

- Paris Hilton

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Here's one for everyone. Why not worry about everyone staying until the final play instead of caring about being in the stands 30 minutes early. It frustrates me to no end to see everyone running to the parking lot with time on the clock. Especially during a close game. I can understand it on a Sunday/Monday night game, I.e. work night, but not on a Saturday. The only exception: last year's Miami game. There was no way I could sit through that disaster.

Just :stirpot:  here.  But it is OK for you to leave when you've had enough but not for anyone else?  I gotcha.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

We get there 4 hours before a game, usually hot days, but we are rarely there for the final buzzer.  If it is a close game, obviously we stay.  But if it is a blowout either way we are usually out of there midway through the 4th quarter.  Has nothing to do with being a fan, just hate to deal with crowds walking out and traffic and then we have to unpack everything and clean up once we get home.  A very long day for us. 

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Thanks for the invite Hem. I might just take you up on that. Last time I was at a game was in 97, when I started my path through USF. Just couldnt justify it during the Holtz years when i graduated in 2011.

14 years to graduate... U Stay Forever lives on!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Thanks for the invite Hem. I might just take you up on that. Last time I was at a game was in 97, when I started my path through USF. Just couldnt justify it during the Holtz years when i graduated in 2011.

LOL.

Was going to comment myself, but yours is better. Pretty sure that was a typos though. At least I hope so...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

LOL.

Was going to comment myself, but yours is better. Pretty sure that was a typos though. At least I hope so...

some people just take longer to do things than others.....if he was only part-time, as in only taking a couple classes a year, i could see how it could happen

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

LOL.

some people just take longer to do things than others.....if he was only part-time, as in only taking a couple classes a year, i could see how it could happen

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

My problem was being 18 back then and not earning it right. Took a few years off and decided to try again when my first daughter wad born. 2 years at HCC, 2 years at USF- all night classes. Luckily, I work about 5 minutes from campus. I will say that USF was the only school I chose both times. Did the HCC thing to prove that I grew up and could handle going to school again. Glad I got it done, and my little girl got to throw the horns up for daddy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

My problem was being 18 back then and not earning it right. Took a few years off and decided to try again when my first daughter wad born. 2 years at HCC, 2 years at USF- all night classes. Luckily, I work about 5 minutes from campus. I will say that USF was the only school I chose both times. Did the HCC thing to prove that I grew up and could handle going to school again. Glad I got it done, and my little girl got to throw the horns up for daddy.

Great story. Congratulations!

Stories like this are one of the great legacies of USF and the community it serves, and another reason why the 4-year-graduation-rate is such a bogus statistic.