• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls with college kids: are they attending USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm the first of my dad's side to go to college. Includes my aunts, uncles, and my grandparents. My mom didn't go to college, either.

Here's to starting the Bull legacy myself, eh?

:clapping: Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Terribly terribly sorry to say that my daughter attended and graduated from that school in Orlando.  She was accepted there first.  USF took longer to respond, and by then, she and a bunch of friends were already excited about that other place.

It seemed like she thought that moving to Tampa (from Palm Harbor) was not quite far enough.  I told her that living on campus would be so different that it wouldn't matter that she was only 20 miles away.  Anyway, it makes for a nice family rivalry whenever there is a game.  Her mother and I are both green-blooded fanatical USF fans who hate UCF--so the games (all sports now) will really take it up a notch.

Our 2nd daughter is 11, and she has been to almost every home football game since she was 4.  She is a serious Bulls fan.  I could see her attending USF.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm the first of my dad's side to go to college. Includes my aunts, uncles, and my grandparents. My mom didn't go to college, either.

Here's to starting the Bull legacy myself, eh?

I'm the first to go to college here in the United States; I have extended family in Colombia that has degrees from schools there. I like to think of myself as the first of our family to have started a Bull legacy, as my younger brother also attended USF. I almost lost him to UCF or FSU, but he decided to come to Tampa instead, and he's loved his decision.

Whenever I have kids, my hope is that they attend USF, assuming their major exists. If they get full rides out-of-state and the schools that offer are academically prestigious, you've got to let the kid go.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Funny, I didn't know USF existed until I was a junior in high school. Took the campus tour and was really impressed. After I was accepted to USF I didn't apply to any other schools. I only applied to two schools, UF and USF. USF threw some scholarship money at me, invited me to join the honors college, and to my astonishment, UF didn't accept me so USF it was. My amazing girlfriend also attended USF and liked it even more than FSU after I told her to check it out an take the campus tour, and she had been die hard FSU before that.

I don't have kids yet, but when I do I hope they consider USF. But I may not be living in Florida anymore so who knows. I'll let them go where ever they want and can afford, but I'll be looking at their options and lobby for the one that is in their best interest.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

Starting my second year at USF after being more than willingly brainwashed as a child, even persuaded a few of my friends to come with me to USF and they couldn't love it more.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502

I've brainwashed all my girls from birth on the superiority of USF; however, being out of state will probably make USF as their school of choice a near impossibility.  (I guess UNC is an ok school) :Shhhh:    

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Terribly terribly sorry to say that my daughter attended and graduated from that school in Orlando.  She was accepted there first.  USF took longer to respond, and by then, she and a bunch of friends were already excited about that other place.

It seemed like she thought that moving to Tampa (from Palm Harbor) was not quite far enough.  I told her that living on campus would be so different that it wouldn't matter that she was only 20 miles away.  Anyway, it makes for a nice family rivalry whenever there is a game.  Her mother and I are both green-blooded fanatical USF fans who hate UCF--so the games (all sports now) will really take it up a notch.

Our 2nd daughter is 11, and she has been to almost every home football game since she was 4.  She is a serious Bulls fan.  I could see her attending USF.

This is unacceptable!

TREASON!!

:)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have a 1 year old and he has been submerged in USF items, and once he gets older the brain washing will only get worse.

His nursery is green, we have pictures of Bulls and Rocky in the nursery, he has all of the stuffed variations of Rocky, most of his clothes are USF related, we have plastic toy bulls, and he has a rocking Bull.

There is a zero chance of him going anywhere else at this point. If you get em young then they are hooked for life.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119

My son and daughter-in-law both graduated from USF.   Daughter-in-law also received her Masters from USF.  My son received his Masters from Emory Riddle.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

My son received his BA and MA at USF.  He has his PhD in English from SUNY Albany.  He was the Bull first.  My hubby and I became Bull fans because of him.