• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bill McGillis to Southern Miss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Seriously, hasn't Bill McGillis actually been running our athletic program?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

I feel better after thinking about itnand reading responses. If anyone knows or follows Bill he really was passionate about this program. But he is young and energetic enough for the challenge and likely wasn't going to wait for DW to retire.

Hope we get an upgrade. Go bulls #stampede

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That video must be the Athletic Department reaction to the news.

Can you please explain?  I had asked in the other thread if this was a good or bad thing.  

Sure.

I have heard from more than a handful of those who work/worked in the Athletic Department that he was terrible to work for and the reason why there has been so much turnover there lately.

Gotcha.  Maybe we'll see sooner rather than later if athletic department communications improve and plaques have correct spellings on them now that he's gone.  :D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That video must be the Athletic Department reaction to the news.

Can you please explain?  I had asked in the other thread if this was a good or bad thing.  

Sure.

I have heard from more than a handful of those who work/worked in the Athletic Department that he was terrible to work for and the reason why there has been so much turnover there lately.

Gotcha.  Maybe we'll see sooner rather than later if athletic department communications improve and plaques have correct spellings on them now that he's gone.   :D

Nice one

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Mixed feelings on Bill.  My personal interactions with him have always been positive.  He loved baseball and softball.  Knew every player and their strengths and weaknesses.  But, on the other hand, have heard from people in the dept that he was difficult to work with.  But also heard that he was, in essence, running the day to day operations with DW as overlord.  The Bulls Club has been gutted.  Very few people remain that had been there only a couple of years ago and now McGillis is gone from the athletic department. The times they are achangin'.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

My only impressions of him are from a friend who works inside USF Athletics. When I asked them about Bill leaving, their response was, "Hey, I'm not complaining." I know they have told me stories on how much they thought he was a **** and it didn't sound like he treated the staff very well. I'm sure he treated fans well though. Hopefully we can find a passionate guy who really cares about USF and wants to spice things up to take his place.

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

Don't even get me started on the varsity club...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I agree with those who say, in more polite terms, that McGillis is a ****. In 2010, I was on the fence about renewing my season tickets, because I was back in school as a grad student and couldn't really afford them, and it after was an interaction I had with him where I thought he was exceptionally rude that I made up my mind not to buy. Wound up going to all the home games with my student tickets for two years and saving the money. I'm glad any donations and ticket purchases I make in the future won't go to an athletic department that is paying him a salary, regardless of how enthusiastic he may have seemed to have been in doing his job.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What does that say when the insiders start leaving?

Two people under Woolard have left in the last few months for promotions.  Woolard is clearly hiring quality people that others want to hire for even better jobs.  

This is a good thing.

The Rutgers Athletic Department is an example of a bad thing.