• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bill McGillis to Southern Miss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Southern Miss has a pretty good FB program (still surprised they didn't get the AAC nod like ECU), they're always near/at the top of C-USA. So we'll see about Bill and how their programs do over the next few years, that's the real litmus test--that, and how OUR program does now that he's gone!

Personally I'm hoping some of our struggles are his fault, so we can get up & move on. Go Bulls!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

I've done a bit more research (asking around, checked out VD5)... honestly it does appear that this was a good thing. Bill was the "COO" so to speak, and therefore much of the downfall since 2007 can be assigned to him. People have been attributing bad marketing, even down to little things like the slacking that produced typos, bad morale, etc, all to Bill. A word I heard was "stifling" to describe the atmosphere and creative energy. 

Hopefully this next hire boosts morale, improves the creative energy, and takes USF to the NEXT level. One thing I've learned is that Doug is actually decent enough at running a clean and professional program, and that he surprises sometimes (ie having Dungy in on the Taggart interview). Hoping he pulls through. Hell, hire someone out from under Jurich?