• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athlon Sports Ranks The AAC's Football Stadiums

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

OK let me get this straight;

They would rather go to the jumping frying pan stadium in Mouse town over going to Ray-Jay and drinking spirits in comfortable chair backed seats with arm rest. A stadium that is good enough to host Super Bowls or a 40K seat aluminum high school stadium.

makes NO sense

Ty

Proof you're an old, rich, white guy.

q.e.d

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

They would rather go to the jumping frying pan stadium in Mouse town over going to Ray-Jay and drinking spirits in comfortable chair backed seats with arm rest. A stadium that is good enough to host Super Bowls or a 40K seat aluminum high school stadium.

makes NO sense

Ty

Proof you're an old, rich, white guy who is also correct.

q.e.d

fixed

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Looks like it's just one guy's opinion with a pre-determined set of priorities.  Doubt he's even been to some of them -- "plush greenery" at Rentschler?  I've been to five on the list (UL/UC/UConn/USF & Temple for NFL) and while there is nothing wrong with Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, I don't see where it deserves such gushing praise (other than the fact that the school that happens to play there has quickly become the newest media darling).  The gameday atmosphere there was hardly unique.  If you go by amenities (which the author obviously didn't), then the NFL stadiums trump the others on the list.  If you go by atmosphere, then it probably goes by who happens to have a winning team at the time.

• Upvote 1

Looks like it's just one guy's opinion with a pre-determined set of priorities.  Doubt he's even been to some of them -- "plush greenery" at Rentschler?  I've been to five on the list (UL/UC/UConn/USF & Temple for NFL) and while there is nothing wrong with Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, I don't see where it deserves such gushing praise (other than the fact that the school that happens to play there has quickly become the newest media darling).  The gameday atmosphere there was hardly unique.  If you go by amenities (which the author obviously didn't), then the NFL stadiums trump the others on the list.  If you go by atmosphere, then it probably goes by who happens to have a winning team at the time.

Well said.  Have to agree with you on Louisville, the only other Big East venue I ever went to ... nothing there stood out as far as game day experience, although I think if we had won this past years game (which we came sooooo close to doing), there might have been some unique raucousness afterward.  That crowd would have **** its collective throat if we had beaten them.  

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Rankings are such BS.  Its one guys excuse to sell his subjective view as being some authority on a topic.  Look at his twitter, he ranks other things too; players, college baseball stadiums, etc.  Has he been to these places?  The fact youve never head of him until you read this tells you the only things he should be ranking are the failure rates of various hair loss treatments.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe it is because I am a younger alum, that doesn't mind standing the whole game, but I would take just about any P.O.S. on campus that we could call our own over the Ray Jay experience. I can't imagine how cool it would be to walk by the old buildings on gameday and tailgate on campus near my old dorm...the atmosphere would be completely different and the experience would transcend "just a football game" which is what it is now...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

makes NO sense

Ty

You don't understand. In the ****** up world of rating college stadiums, the more uncomfortable the better ... in their world, college football fan = masochist.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it is because I am a younger alum, that doesn't mind standing the whole game, but I would take just about any P.O.S. on campus that we could call our own over the Ray Jay experience. I can't imagine how cool it would be to walk by the old buildings on gameday and tailgate on campus near my old dorm...the atmosphere would be completely different and the experience would transcend "just a football game" which is what it is now...

I don't think you're going to find a lot of disagreement with you, other than the whole "any" P.O.S. on campus.  We just don't want UCF's P.O.S.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

"and a tacky pirate ship caps the North end zone"

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I guess I am in the minority, but even when I was a student driving to Ray Jay and tailgating was an awesome experience. Ray Jay is easy to access from all of Tampa bay area (I now live in St Pete) and has great Amenities. If you haven't donated enough to get access to seats with the club level you are missing out! I am going into my second season as a season ticket holder and lover the experience Ray Jay offers. Unfortunately   I have not had the chance to experience many away games other then Miami who also play in an NFL stadium which is definitely not up to the standards of Ray Jay. I know if an OCS only had bleacher style seats with no backs that would definitely not be as impressive. I am not looking forward to the away game at UCF at all due to their amenities.