• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athlon Sports Ranks The AAC's Football Stadiums

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Not surprised... afterall they ranked the stadiums as college stadiums, not pro-fields. As a college stadium RayJay sucks.

With the exception of the West Virginia game Ray Jay has the second worst college gameday atmosphere I have experienced...FAU was worse when they were in their high school-esque stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

Not surprised... afterall they ranked the stadiums as college stadiums, not pro-fields. As a college stadium RayJay sucks.

With the exception of the West Virginia game Ray Jay has the second worst college gameday atmosphere I have experienced...FAU was worse when they were in their high school-esque stadium.

Re: that West Virginia game - I have a friend who has attended some World Cup soccer matches overseas and said that the atmosphere/noise level exceeded those at some of the soccer matches.  A friend with us that night had to hold her hands over her ears most of the game.  THE most exciting event I've ever attended and that includes Auburn and ND games.  Great, great night.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I agree with Ricky. That wvu game was the type of thing that could be a regular occurrence if we would could have maintained momentum. Tampa loves a winner.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with Ricky. That wvu game was the type of thing that could be a regular occurrence if we would could have maintained momentum. Tampa loves a winner.

Tampa loves a winner, but only when playing a big game. How much winning has filled those mid week Rays games against the Royals? Or the Lightning games against the Panthers? Or any Bucs game the last 4 years.

Point being, the WVU game was a great night, but it was the culmination of a lot of rare and good things. It isn't the norm and probably wouldn't be unless we were playing top ten games weekly

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  3

^--- yep, that was the perfect alignment of the stars for that game. And you're right...there isn't, and never has been, that level of enthusiasm on a weekly basis.