• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athlon Sports Ranks The AAC's Football Stadiums

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

What morons.

Nope. You are the moron. This is college football, not the NFL. It 's pretty accurate.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

OK let me get this straight;

They would rather go to the jumping frying pan stadium in Mouse town over going to Ray-Jay and drinking spirits in comfortable chair backed seats with arm rest. A stadium that is good enough to host Super Bowls or a 40K seat aluminum high school stadium.

makes NO sense

Ty

You don't understand. In the ****** up world of rating college stadiums, the more uncomfortable the better ... in their world, college football fan = masochist.
Oh Trip...

You and I know that this exists only because the best atmospheres in college football at at traditional powers, who happen to be playing in older stadiums.

I know you love RJS, but there is a lot of experience that dies when you see 30,000 people scattered throughout a red stadium with Bucs logos everywhere.

Yeah, I understand that part ... and it is easier to make stadiums look fuller with the bench seating .... but it was good to see the tradition of masochism wasn't held onto by Louisville and Minnesota.

I don't think anyone is saying college stadiums with seats, etc suck. In fact, if some of these stadiums could do it, they would.

It's just not a great college stadium experience to walk into a pro stadium that is half full. I don't think there is a lot of room for argument then.

Now, Memphis over us? I don't get that...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I thought you were supposed to stand throughout the entire game. What's all this talk about seating?

I do actually stand for most of the game, but during time outs, half time etc I usually take a break. Granted I am usually in the A/C clubhouse during half time... Anyways my Mother, and Grandfather who I usually take to the games aren't quite as comfortable standing for hours like us youngsters. I am very proud to play in RJS. About the seats it would be nice if RJS as part of a new lease agreed to change the seat backs to a Neutral color, perhaps a bronze/gold color scheme that is a similar color between the two teams.  Another thing that would be nice is if the student body got together and had a group put green covers on the 3rd bowl for smaller games at are not sold out. could be as simple as old run bulls shirts, leftover stock whatever. I will say when that stadium does sell out is is quite impressive selling 62k+ seats. I know it has only happened a few times but lets build the program. The worst part about the Bulls fan base regardless of where we play is that a good portion of the fans leave in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Even if the game is a slam dunk or a blow out. I make sure my 4 or so seats are always filled to the end. (well except for that game against Pitt last year... but that is a different story)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

They would rather go to the jumping frying pan stadium in Mouse town over going to Ray-Jay and drinking spirits in comfortable chair backed seats with arm rest. A stadium that is good enough to host Super Bowls or a 40K seat aluminum high school stadium.

makes NO sense

Ty

You don't understand. In the ****** up world of rating college stadiums, the more uncomfortable the better ... in their world, college football fan = masochist.
Oh Trip...

You and I know that this exists only because the best atmospheres in college football at at traditional powers, who happen to be playing in older stadiums.

I know you love RJS, but there is a lot of experience that dies when you see 30,000 people scattered throughout a red stadium with Bucs logos everywhere.

Yeah, I understand that part ... and it is easier to make stadiums look fuller with the bench seating .... but it was good to see the tradition of masochism wasn't held onto by Louisville and Minnesota.

I don't think anyone is saying college stadiums with seats, etc suck. In fact, if some of these stadiums could do it, they would.

It's just not a great college stadium experience to walk into a pro stadium that is half full. I don't think there is a lot of room for argument then.

Now, Memphis over us? I don't get that...

I blame this ....

pirate_ship.jpg

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

To everyone saying RJS is not a good venue for college football....

USF%2BNight.jpg
September 28, 2007

USF vs WVU - 67,018

I was there that night and that was a college football stadium.

I'm not going to say its the greatest college stadium, but when packed (by USF fans) it can be loud and electric. (But I still thing we need our own place on campus)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It was an absolutely great USF friendly college football stadium for 1 out of 80-something games...

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

makes NO sense

Ty

Oh Trip...

So true.  Not to mention, bench seating sucks especially if you do not get to your seats before most others do. I do not care about "atmosphere" and (redneck accent for tradition) "tradishon", I care about winning.  Winning will take care of everything that you guys want.  We just did not win enough under Skippy Poo. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

USF%2BNight.jpg

September 28, 2007

USF vs WVU - 67,018

I'm not going to say its the greatest college stadium, but when packed (by USF fans) it can be loud and electric. (But I still thing we need our own place on campus)

1st game with my wife; before she was my wife Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

To everyone saying RJS is not a good venue for college football....USF%2BNight.jpg

September 28, 2007

USF vs WVU - 67,018

1st game with my wife; before she was my wife

Thank G-d for memories!

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

USF%2BNight.jpg

September 28, 2007

USF vs WVU - 67,018

I'll agree, the atmosphere that night was electric, by far the best I've experienced since I've been a fan ('02 was my first year on campus), however look at the circumstances it took to get that. First ever ranking the week or two before, having "upset" Auburn in their house a few weeks prior, #5 West Virginia in the house against a top 20 Bulls team. How many times have we seen that since?