• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Thanks for the link.  Good read.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I heard Aaron Lynch was guaranteeing to get 4 sacks against Michigan.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I heard Aaron Lynch was guaranteeing to get 4 sacks against Michigan.

With Bench in there this could be our first upset..Make the Headlines on ESPN The BULLS are BACK

Go Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

There are at least three if not four scholarship QBs who will get snaps ahead of Miller. Good kid, but even among the walk-on QBs, Tommy Eveld was picked ahead of Miller in the spring draft. Whether he goes to preseason camp with USF has more to do with how many QBs Taggart wants to carry -- it may only be five. ...

The only people who think Miller is anywhere but last in the QB competition are his parents and bull-71.

Disagreed. Miller has potential. Anybody who watched our QB play in the Spring Game should recognize that. Obviously he's a walk-on at USF so he wasn't a big-time recruit, but he's got a head on his shoulders and this Spring he was looking like one of the better options we have. That isn't saying much, but among the group we have, he appeared to have fewer major drawbacks. He could be a solid game-manager if developed as a backup QB to step in after an injury, and my guess is that he's useful on the scout team in practice.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

There are at least three if not four scholarship QBs who will get snaps ahead of Miller. Good kid, but even among the walk-on QBs, Tommy Eveld was picked ahead of Miller in the spring draft. Whether he goes to preseason camp with USF has more to do with how many QBs Taggart wants to carry -- it may only be five. ...

The only people who think Miller is anywhere but last in the QB competition are his parents and bull-71.

Disagreed. Miller has potential. Anybody who watched our QB play in the Spring Game should recognize that. Obviously he's a walk-on at USF so he wasn't a big-time recruit, but he's got a head on his shoulders and this Spring he was looking like one of the better options we have. That isn't saying much, but among the group we have, he appeared to have fewer major drawbacks. He could be a solid game-manager if developed as a backup QB to step in after an injury, and my guess is that he's useful on the scout team in practice.

I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying he's behind Bench, Eveld, Floyd, and White (and likely Eveld II as Greg pointed out) on the depth chart.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

AH but at least he can take a snap under center...In my book that puts him ahead of others..and I have fet to see him throw a floater..

just my opinion with the parents...perhaps there might be some more that see the importance of not fumbling..

Go Bulls

So you would say the current depth chart is Bench, Eveld, White, Miller, Floyd?

I'd say our current QB projected starter (for conference play) is something to this effect:

Bench = 1

Eveld = 2

White = 3

Floyd = 4

QB Starter for AAC Opener = RANDOM(1-4,0)

I would have to think unless Bench or White are football savants, they wont have the playbook down in time to start in the opener, but it's anyone's guess when everyone knows the plays back to front.

XL GEEK ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao:

Agree.

Gives me a lot more confidence in the kid.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Give that the coaches picked him last among the QBs for the spring game, I'm not sure they share your enthusiasm.

Here's a great quote. He knew it was going to happen, but what he didn't know was that it was going to happen at USF!!

"

And, this spring, he told his parents he's going to start. Fallaw wouldn't be surprised either. Most people who know Bench wouldn't be.

"

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Disagreed. Miller has potential. Anybody who watched our QB play in the Spring Game should recognize that. Obviously he's a walk-on at USF so he wasn't a big-time recruit, but he's got a head on his shoulders and this Spring he was looking like one of the better options we have. That isn't saying much, but among the group we have, he appeared to have fewer major drawbacks. He could be a solid game-manager if developed as a backup QB to step in after an injury, and my guess is that he's useful on the scout team in practice.

You guys must be friends or something with the way you constantly bring him up in the QB conversation. This kid may not be on the roster by this time next year.....