• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

If Mitchell isn't a possibilitt then I hope Bench chooses USF and I hope it works out.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps Mitchell isnt what WIllie and staff are looking for. Hopefully Bench makes the right choice and chooses USF. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

How do these visits work? Does a player put out feelers to potential schools - schools where they really want to go -  or do schools contact a player who's announced that they're transferring and offer an invite? And if a player did reach out, would a school necessarily come back and say 'nah, don't bother. We're set at [this position] unless you're looking to change."? I would imagine it's somewhat less intense than a recruiting trip for a blue-chip.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

How do these visits work? Does a player put out feelers to potential schools - schools where they really want to go -  or do schools contact a player who's announced that they're transferring and offer an invite? And if a player did reach out, would a school necessarily come back and say 'nah, don't bother. We're set at [this position] unless you're looking to change."? I would imagine it's somewhat less intense than a recruiting trip for a blue-chip.

I believe there is phone contact and an invte to the recruit. if USF is interest---OFICIAL VISIT.. USF would  pick up the tab for expenses.

No need to set up a trip if the recruit does not have the fit USF coaches are looking for

On an unoficial visit I believe it's on the recruit's nickle..

Mitchell only has one year so pehaps the staff want to spend more time grooming Miller and White..

IMO We have way to many QB on the roster that do not have the quality to play D! QB ball .  Maybe they can be used in another slot???

I liked Miller in the Spring game...Looked solid and might be the right back up for Bench...Also Miller has experience at USF...If Bench and Miller can get it together than White could be red shirted and brought up to speed and conditioning..

Got to have hope  for a solid QB player..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@PatrickASchmidt: Former PSU QB Steven Bench had a "really special" visit to USF. At NC St. this weekend and Miss. St May 20-21. My guess is he picks USF.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm not getting excited for Bench. Trickett tricked me. Still wounded. (Ha! Ha!)

When Greg lets us know, I'll be happy then.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

@PatrickASchmidt: Former PSU QB Steven Bench had a "really special" visit to USF. At NC St. this weekend and Miss. St May 20-21. My guess is he picks USF.

And Patrick A Schmidt is ......?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Had the same question? Is he a former Penn player with insight?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This is his twitter bio. Not too hard to search for, it's called Google people....use it.

SEC & CFB Recruiting Expert. Host The Wake-up Call on WICB-AM Chicago @SportsTownChi.

http://www.rantsports.com/blog/author/patrickschmidt/