• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

I hope we can get this guy. More competition is a good thing

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Oliver just tweeted that what he said was

@BILLREEF Nooooooo, said that USF (Taggart) or West Virginia (obvious) were places he could transfer. No idea where he winds up.

Trip. apparently not. Why I asked Chuck directly.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

Oliver just tweeted that what he said was

@BILLREEF Nooooooo, said that USF (Taggart) or West Virginia (obvious) were places he could transfer. No idea where he winds up.

Trip. apparently not. Why I asked Chuck directly.

Thanks for getting that clarified ... and unsubscribe to that someone.

WVU will surely put out the propaganda that they lead for CT. And,they have been know to invent a story or two. I put no stock in any publication of info from those hills, but here is something just out.(enough of a disclaimer?)

April 17, 2013
FSU QB could land in Morgantown

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Ye olde notebook:

| West Virginia University's football team might just be signing a new quarterback.

On Wednesday, Florida State released quarterback Clint Trickett from his scholarship, allowing him to transfer and play this coming season at another school.

That school could sit in Morgantown.

Sources told me Trickett will visit Morgantown and could be there as early as Saturday for the spring game.

It could make the Mountaineer QB competition more than interesting. As WVU attempts to replace Geno Smith, Trickett would immediately compete with Paul Millard and Ford Childress.

Trickett, whose father Rick hails from West Virginia and coached at WVU, had been a serious contender to start for the Seminoles. He completed 22 of 32 passes for 259 yards during FSU's spring game. It seems, however, redshirt freshman Jameis Winston is the front-runner to start there.

Trickett played eight games last season as EJ Manuel's backup and completed 22 of 34 passes for 272 yards. In 2011, he started games against Wake Forest and Clemson.

The quarterback can transfer and play immediately because he is graduating from FSU in May with eligibility.

Sources say Trickett will decide between WVU and South Florida.

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/todayssportscolumn/201304170173

Now from Tomahawk Country

Clint Trickett will transfer from Florida State: USF and West Virginia in play

By Bud Elliott on Apr 17 2013, 12:38p  @SBNRecruiting 306 306

Stay connected for news and updates ×
20130413_jla_av1_376.0_standard_730.0.jp

Melina Vastola-USA TODAY Sports

Enter Jameis.

Clint Trickett will transfer from Florida State University, sources close to the situation have informed Tomahawk Nation. No destination has been announced for the redshirt junior quarterback.

Trickett will graduate in May with a degree in social science from Florida State. He is slated to be a redshirt junior in 2013. I had a good time here at Florida State and want to thank everyone for being so good to me," Trickett said. "I’ll always be part of the FSU alumni."
"After a long meeting with Clint, he expressed he’d like to explore another playing opportunity, and I’ve signed off on his wish. Clint has not only been a great player for our program, but a great young man and ambassador for Florida State who will graduate in a few weeks. He’s been a part of this program for a long time and we wish nothing but the best for him. -Jimbo Fisher

Two schools, however, are in play: USF and West Virginia.

In fact, some close to the USF program expect Trickett to transfer there. He was originally recruited out of high school by USF coach Willie Taggart, who at the time was coaching at Stanford.

Trickett and the Trickett family have major ties to West Virginia, and Trickett is fond of the area. His skills fit the system well, as he played in a spread in high school. West Virginia has a major hole at quarterback after Geno Smith left for the NFL draft. He is expected to be the top pick this April.

Trickett was soundly outplayed by redshirt freshman phenom Jameis Winston during the spring football quarterback competition. No other information is known at this time.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/4/17/4235802/clint-trickett-transfer-florida-state-usf-west-virginia

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

WVU has a grad school?????????

Animal Husbandry and Couch Thermodynamics

Sure that's not Animal Wifery?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

What graduate degree is he pursuing? 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Coaching?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

What graduate degree is he pursuing? 

Maybe this is cynical, but he's a football player and his decision to transfer is a football decision.   I think if you take the list of masters programs at the school he chooses and subtract the ones that FSU offers, then select whatever is left that is most closely related to his bachelors, that's the degree he pursues.

Not saying that I would fault him for that, but I think with the circumstances the football program is priority #1, the graduate degree is #2.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

He is a RS Jr, so he has two years of eligibility left. I'll take him!