• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I’m not jumping on any band wagon right now…

What I have read is ..he is to small for the pro’s wants to play and become a coach like (Dad)..

Since he could play at either school and definately start at USF....that point is mute...

The question would then be ...

Where would he learn the most..USF with Willie Taggart (Harbaugh type of offense ) or WVU…

I’m thinking Willie T would be a better choice profession wise for his future resume…

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Aaaand Bulls 247 reports USF is not the favorite right now. Jvwvu may be on to something

All he is saying is we aren't out in front, not that someone else "is" the favorite. Other sources view it differently with us in front and some of the made up WV news thinks that they are. Of course they always have a really different take on the truth than everyone else.

247: Based on what I'm told today, I wouldn't say #USF is the favorite for Clint Trickett, but def in the mix. More on Bulls247 tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I'm hearing no way he stays at FSU.

Yeah, because he's already been released from his scholly at FSU.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I still can't believe we are even in this situation....how are we unable to recruit qb's?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

I still can't believe we are even in this situation....how are we unable to recruit qb's?

I HOPE the better way to phrase that is...how were we not able to recruit QB's. I think that CWT will fix that.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

I wonder if the fact that wvu did not recruit him out of HS will come into play. If he wasn't good enough for them then, than why is he so great now? C'mon Clint, USF AND our current coach while at Stanford wanted you then.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I wonder if the fact that wvu did not recruit him out of HS will come into play. If he wasn't good enough for them then, than why is he so great now? C'mon Clint, USF AND our current coach while at Stanford wanted you then.

Not sure how he can hold the current WVU staff responsible for not recruiting him out of high school, but I hope he does.

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Doubt he is coming to USF, look at the competition in our league versus WVU.   Maybe he will want to stay in Florida.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Does he stand a chance to start at WVU? He was the backup in the ACC...how is he supposed to be even better in a tougher Big12 conference? I see his family is from there and he has ties there but you'd think just from a playing perspective he'd want to go where he could play, and play well.

Of course I'm biased and just want him here. If they're saying WVU has a huge hole in the QB slot.....we've got a freakin crater

Yes he has a very good chance to start at WVU, right now we have a battle going on better a RS Freshman Ford Childress and the True Junior Backup to Geno Smith of Paul Millard, neither are truely impressing.  Childress has all the capability/pedigree of being a NFL QB (his dad played in NFL), but the question is does he really want it is out there.  The other is a Early Enrollee in Chavis Rawlins would probably ends up at WR/QB.  I think if Millard does not win starting job he will transfer to lower division and still have 2 years to play in 3.

Trickett is smart, his brother is already learning as a coach and most see Clint as a future offensive coordinator somewhere soon.  He is very tied here and actually made the comment that it was his dream to play at Mountaineer Field while at FSU.  He grew up on the field with his dad.

I have been told he will visit USF first, then come up here afterwards to meet with staff. 

Now does he come, we will see I put it 65% at WVU and 35% at USF.  The only way he goes to USF if he knows Taggart is going to give him a true chance at winning the job and starting.

(We also have mutual friends with Trickett  family (who stay with them in Tallahasse for games, if I see them this week (heading your alls way next week)I will ask)

So you're saying he'll be a Bull?

that is what I read

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766

WV is missing a QB...we've already got two (like 'em or not, that's what the program says).

WV plays Texas, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State...we play Houston, Cincinnati and Uconn.

WV could play in a 'BCS/P(5)' bowl whereas we - assuming end up conference champions -  could be in Memphis.

WV is coming off it's worst year since '01 with a winning season of 7-6...we are coming off our worst season in history, a losing season of 3-9.

Assuming he has designs on post-college playing, I would lean towards WV. I don't know how much of an impact he would make at USF in his

one year of play and as is always the case, I don't think geography means that much to someone who's already been away from home.