• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Does he stand a chance to start at WVU? He was the backup in the ACC...how is he supposed to be even better in a tougher Big12 conference? I see his family is from there and he has ties there but you'd think just from a playing perspective he'd want to go where he could play, and play well.

Of course I'm biased and just want him here. If they're saying WVU has a huge hole in the QB slot.....we've got a freakin crater

Yes he has a very good chance to start at WVU, right now we have a battle going on better a RS Freshman Ford Childress and the True Junior Backup to Geno Smith of Paul Millard, neither are truely impressing.  Childress has all the capability/pedigree of being a NFL QB (his dad played in NFL), but the question is does he really want it is out there.  The other is a Early Enrollee in Chavis Rawlins would probably ends up at WR/QB.  I think if Millard does not win starting job he will transfer to lower division and still have 2 years to play in 3.

Trickett is smart, his brother is already learning as a coach and most see Clint as a future offensive coordinator somewhere soon.  He is very tied here and actually made the comment that it was his dream to play at Mountaineer Field while at FSU.  He grew up on the field with his dad.

I have been told he will visit USF first, then come up here afterwards to meet with staff. 

Now does he come, we will see I put it 65% at WVU and 35% at USF.  The only way he goes to USF if he knows Taggart is going to give him a true chance at winning the job and starting.

(We also have mutual friends with Trickett  family (who stay with them in Tallahasse for games, if I see them this week (heading your alls way next week)I will ask)

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

Does he stand a chance to start at WVU? He was the backup in the ACC...how is he supposed to be even better in a tougher Big12 conference? I see his family is from there and he has ties there but you'd think just from a playing perspective he'd want to go where he could play, and play well.

Of course I'm biased and just want him here. If they're saying WVU has a huge hole in the QB slot.....we've got a freakin crater

Yes he has a very good chance to start at WVU, right now we have a battle going on better a RS Freshman Ford Childress and the True Junior Backup to Geno Smith of Paul Millard, neither are truely impressing.  Childress has all the capability/pedigree of being a NFL QB (his dad played in NFL), but the question is does he really want it is out there.  The other is a Early Enrollee in Chavis Rawlins would probably ends up at WR/QB.  I think if Millard does not win starting job he will transfer to lower division and still have 2 years to play in 3.

Trickett is smart, his brother is already learning as a coach and most see Clint as a future offensive coordinator somewhere soon.  He is very tied here and actually made the comment that it was his dream to play at Mountaineer Field while at FSU.  He grew up on the field with his dad.

I have been told he will visit USF first, then come up here afterwards to meet with staff. 

Now does he come, we will see I put it 65% at WVU and 35% at USF.  The only way he goes to USF if he knows Taggart is going to give him a true chance at winning the job and starting.

(We also have mutual friends with Trickett  family (who stay with them in Tallahasse for games, if I see them this week (heading your alls way next week)I will ask)

So you're saying he'll be a Bull?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Oh jesus, now we have to deal with the WVU propaganda machine for the next 2 weeks.

I dont know I have not followed the Bulls spring practices (have not had alot of time following WVU's) so I dont know your QB situation but when I mean "giving him a true chance" is basically telling him, you are coming in and taking at least 50% of the snaps in summer practice.  (That is what he would get at WVU because whoever loses our job with him coming imo is going to transfer, thus meaning who wins our spring QB job with our Spring Game Sat)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@gregauman: It's probably worth noting that FSU QB transfer Clint Trickett and USF QBs coach Nick Sheridan have started following each other on Twitter.

@kevinfuhrer: @gregauman also trickett and wku qb b.doughty are good friends. Doughty obviously coached by Sheridan and Taggart.

Edited by Hem

Oh jesus, now we have to deal with the WVU propaganda machine for the next 2 weeks.

FU - and yes we have a grad school and many quite good ones, one of which I was at.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I dont know I have not followed the Bulls spring practices (have not had alot of time following WVU's) so I dont know your QB situation but when I mean "giving him a true chance" is basically telling him, you are coming in and taking at least 50% of the snaps in summer practice.  (That is what he would get at WVU because whoever loses our job with him coming imo is going to transfer, thus meaning who wins our spring QB job with our Spring Game Sat)

How long have you been posting on this site? And you don't know our QB situation? It's the same as it was after BJ went down last year.

Help us Clint Trickett. You're our only hope.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Listen bro, our QB situation is way worse than yours. Back the eff up, we saw him first.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

FU - and yes we have a grad school and many quite good ones, one of which I was at.

Did they teach you in that "Grad" School, never to end a sentence with a preposition?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

are some of you kidding? Its all about competition..TRICKETT..is a viable option and just happens to look like a better throwing version of grothe. Grothe had a lot more intangibles that we got to see but lets give this a serious thought here. TRICKETT can throw the football really well. He would fit in this offense pretty well. I would take him in a heartbeat. If he started Id say were for sure going bowling with a much better chance to win the big east. Your obvious backup would be white but if its not working out you go to white.