• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

vent your basketball frustrations thus far, here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

You know rebounding is a skill, right? You can't just teach it per se. Some people are just better at anticipating where the ball will go and where they need to be.

LOL Joe. I don't know what's worse your reply or Triple agreeing with you just because it's against what I said... again. I clearly listed an example of teams with very similar size to USF that doesn't have the same problem rebounding. However that seems to get rejected because to many USF fans just can't handle the truth about the lack of coaching.

This is ******* hilarious .... The only truth that matters about coaching is winning and apparently YOU are the one who can't handle the truth. 

I truly have no answer or comeback statement, already posted most of what I needed to.

That's because there's not one ....

Also Triple why are you even in thread to begin with? The OP said this is a thread for venting and frustration about the basketball season so far. Wouldn't this zone be off limits to you? You had to know by coming in here what was probably going to be said. Sensitive posters like yourself should probably have stayed out.  ;)

First, as a mod I have to check to make sure no shenanigans are going on. Second, I'm always interested in seeing what USF fans have to say about our hoops .... speaking of which, you asked Zarnoz for a response and he replied so instead of scavaging around for useless rebounding minutia, why not give him the courtesy of a reply.  :ph34r:  

I know you are the Vega Gang police, but we outlaws have to have a place to hang out as well.

There's an Off Topic thread on the Recruiting board that would be a perfect place for you to hang out ....  B)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Vega,

Most don't hate Stan like you seem to. A good portion of us actually think he is a good coach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

I don't have many frustrations. 

We killed ourselves to beat UCF, fought tough against Cuse, and flopped the Nova game. 

The Dome rocks, the new facilities are helping with recruiting, and we have a great coach in charge. 

I love this basketball team right now. I'd like to have seen more wins, but as a student, I remember how rare the wins were, and now look where we are. We are getting better but it takes time. We have the tools, we are going in the right direction. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree Love the new Dome, Love the crowds, the atmosphere, ect... College Basketball at its finest.  Fans need to continue to showup and support the team/program.  Wins will come and we will reap the reward of being there to witness it in person.

Rome wasnt built in a day. Tired of the Bandwagon fans in Tampa(Bucs, Rays, Bulls).   Support the team!!!

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Rebounding and Scoring are the problem. Fix both and we make nice run.  If we dont we will be sitting home in March.

Trip , watched the game last night too and that floor at oregon is Horrible,  I think its suppose to represent trees like up in Oregon but it look like a Hot Mess instead.

This what you're talking about? Yes, it's supposed to be trees, but even from straight overhead it's not that easy to see. I like the idea, but can't say much for the execution. Kentucky's proposed court, OTOH, is fantastic! LOL

UNIVERSITY-OF-OREGON-BASKETBALL-COURT-DE

coachcalcourt.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Why get frustrated over something which you have no control over?   If it stops being entertaining, then it's time to spend your entertainment dollars elsewhere.  Win or lose the sun will rise the next day.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

That Kentucky court is hilarious.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I don't have any problems with our guys.

They beat the gnats and avenged the loss, so I'm good.

We just need our people to score. I mean you can keep people under 60 all you want. But if they score more than you, game over.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856

Why get frustrated over something which you have no control over?   If it stops being entertaining, then it's time to spend your entertainment dollars elsewhere.  Win or lose the sun will rise the next day.

if people didnt get frustrated about usf athletics then the bullspen would cease to exist.  is that what you want, hippy?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

Vega,

Most don't hate Stan like you seem to. A good portion of us actually think he is a good coach.

I think I called Stan a good coach on numerous occasions. The 2 things I have said about him is I don't like his stubbornness or his offensive philosophy. Heath has a terrible offensive mind but he is and always has been an excellent defensive coach. He's basically Rex Ryan of CBB.

Heath knows all the defenses fullcourt and halfcourt. Stan has a 1-3-1 zone defense that is arguably the best zone I have ever seen played. He can't use it with this roster but with Egbunu, Rudd, Hawkins, Brock, and Zeigler on the team next season, I'm sure he will put it to good use. Hopefully Stan can sign a bigger PG then Collins because his defense really shines with a big lead guard.

If Jim Christian and Stan Heath could have stayed together longer after Kent St,  Heath would still be at Arkansas or coaching a bigger basketball program. Heath trusted Christian with many offensive duties, but he doesn't seem to give other assistants the same power. Dan Hipsher had a big role on Heath's staff, but never got to run his entire offense, just pieces of it.

Edited by Vega