• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

vent your basketball frustrations thus far, here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Last year was a fluke??

We definitely were gifted a relatively easy road through the Big East ( by Big East standards at least), but winning a game in the tournament (I'm not including a play in game here ) certainly negates the fluke aspect of thing.

The problem is the middle. We miss Gilchrist more than you'd know.

Our fanbase overvaluing the abilities of this team because of wins over below average mid majors and semi close loss to a top team is the bigger problem.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I said it earlier in The year that I was nervous last year was a big fluke and it seems it may be. Not even sure I see building blocks

Just asking to be competitive.

Screw the rebounding the most alarming thing to me is standing around on offense clueless hoping for miracles baskets.

Reminds me of 2 years ago.

Not a fluke.  Just because we have a set back year (due to the academic committee getting a stick up their butt), does not make last year a fluke.  We knew this year wouldn't be as good as last with the pieces we were losing, but the recruits we have coming in next year will bring our level right back up.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

This team has done a great job with what they have. Its just a matter of not having a big PF or C body on the roster but Jordan. The season has been fun and this is the first year of something great coming for the future with our new facilities and sweet recruiting class. I expect us to not do so well against conference play with the lack of size on our team (seriously Fitz played Center last game, that would not happen in any other BE team.) Heath is the man and next year this team is going to be one of the better sides in the New BE from here on. This right here, kinda. We have some large holes in personnel (thanks academic committee) this year, all my preseason expectations put us as an NIT team and this being a down season. My only concern for the future is Heath's consistently inconsistent offenses. Needs to get his crap together and fix the 10min long scoring droughts.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Can I get an F U to the Harvard type academic committee??????????

F U ACADEMIC COMMITTEE

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jordon is not very good and I can't see him having any impact this year. As usual we need a pure scoring threat as we have not had one in years. If AC makes it through the season it will be a miracle.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

About this time last year I threw in the towel on any basketball expectations.  I'm real close to doing it again.

I'll still go to the games, but it's just not the same without thinking we can win.  That Louisville game is going to be a massacre.  We better **** turn it around against Rutgers or we can essentially kiss another NCAA appearance goodbye.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

Kind of a headscratcher.  It is clear that after the loss of Gus and Ron we were heavily counting on Austin and we have yet to find an answer to compensate for that loss in our inside game.  Rudd has stepped up some and shown flashes of better inside play and rebounding but others, particularly Toralyn, also need to bring more strength to the middle.  Also the lack of "experienced" depth is showing up.  Against Syracuse we started with a good effort but it appeared to dissipate as the game wore on.  The lack of an attacking offense and offensive movement away from the ball appear to be USF trademarks that we can't ditch, even with a stellar point guard.  Hopefully all the new periperal players will gel better as conference play progresses and our health (fingers crossed) improves.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This team is fundamentally flawed on offense. The offense consists of 1) a perimeter three as the clock expires, 2) penetration by AC and dish for a perimeter jumper, or 3) a lob from the perimeter. All three are easy to shut down with a zone defense. We don't have a legit post player or post threat that any defense couldn't handle with one man down low. That puts a ton of pressure on perimeter jumpers. If we could rebound and run the break, it would also be a differnt story.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

We are gonna pick sick next year, cant wait!!!!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah screw you academic committee for upholding the standards of an educational institution.

We'd much rather take the loss in scholarships in the future and win now. Well, until the future comes and we blame the academic committee for allowing a academic risk to kill our APR.

• Upvote 1