• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

vent your basketball frustrations thus far, here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

THIS POST IS A LITTLE ALL OVER THE PLACE, BUT YOU GET THE GIST, I NEEDED A GOOD VENT.  

vic rudd needs to give effort more consistently, on both ends of the court.  how can he NOT get hyped up for a conference home game in front of a big crowd?  i don't get it.  to me, the worst part of the Nova game was the lost art of the "box out".  i know were not going to be as big as most teams we play from here on, but we HAVE to least stick to the fundamentals of boxing out your man when rebounding. in addition, were completely wasting a scholarship on Jordan whatever his last name is.  hes a complete liability.  7'3", but cant run, jump, shoot, rebound, or defend.  hes just TOO big, if that even is such a thing.  when your games are as lopsided as they've been recently in the rebounding department, and your 7'3" center is on the bench, that should tell you anything you need to know about how much faith our staff has in his skill set.  and i completely agree with our offense needing to play with more urgency.  we don't have the bigs on D we had last year to be able to survive with the same type of offense.  with ron anderson down low, we could bang with any ugly, now, not so much.  Waverly Austin was going to be our only option down low...now, thanks to our Harvard like academic committee we have NONE. it doesn't seem we have anyone with a mid-range jumper (with the exception of an AC floater in the paint).  too many possessions end up in a 3 pointer or a drive to the basket with an ugly shot attempt.  this wont win games.  ill still fully support our team by attending every home game, but at this point, i fear we'll be lucky to make it to the NIT.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Only frustration I have is that there isn't as much heart out there as there was last season.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Offense, or lack there of.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Consistency.

This team has been consistent. Solid defense. Poor offense.

What our fans don't understand is the teams we're playing are more talented than they were a few weeks ago.

I don't believe we've defeated anyone of value. Maybe George Mason. Maybe.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

I'm watching Waverly Austin on ESPN2 be an inside presence for the Ducks. A big F U to our academics committee.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

We're small up front and have no post presence... That is all

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It pains me to say that my man Toarlyn decided to just work on his 3 point shot this off season.  No post moves, no elevation, no rebounding.

Tampa stand up!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i realize we're not going to be very good in conference this year. just the reality that the teams we beat last year are all good again. looking at the schedule, we could very well go on a long losing streak here if we're not playing hard.

just a little frustrated seeing miami beat UNC in their house, and be a competitive program this year.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm watching Waverly Austin on ESPN2 be an inside presence for the Ducks. A big F U to our academics committee.

The root of our problems this season rest with them.