• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise St to stay in MWC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

It took the dumpsterfire that was Skip Holtz to show how clueless Judy Woolard really is

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Becoming an indepen is looking better and better everyday.

:roflmao:

How much do you think the Bulls Television Network will be worth to NBC, ESPN or CBS?

$1 million... Oh wait that's not a lot any more? Ok $1 billion... Muahahah

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

New conference. Start with a base of Florida schools. USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, then add 6 teams located in the SE. Limit travel expenses for the teams and fans, create some out of close proximity rivalries.

That would be terrible.

Why? It's a wild ass idea, but why do you think that it would be terrible? Are we '"above" anyone else that would be in that conference?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

New conference. Start with a base of Florida schools. USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, then add 6 teams located in the SE. Limit travel expenses for the teams and fans, create some out of close proximity rivalries.

SEC lite. Wouldn't be terrible. And if we dominated it, we'd be in line for promotion when the next slot opens up at the adults table...

Best to make it a 9-team all-sports league. 4-home, 4-away, 4-ooc in football, 16-game conference schedule in bball, similar for the olympic sports.

I could go for this.

This is what I have been begging for... let's do it now...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

titanic_sinking1.jpg

I plan on making a giant version of this for when Big East play starts for basketball.

Judy and Doug are the equivelent of the band that stayed and played while the Titanic sank.

BigEastDeath.png

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Becoming an indepen is looking better ad better everyday.

:roflmao:

How much do you think the Bulls Television Network will be worth to NBC, ESPN or CBS?

$1 million... Oh wait that's not a lot any more? Ok $1 billion... Muahahah

$1 million might not be much if any less than C-USA gets per member.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

titanic_sinking1.jpg

I plan on making a giant version of this for when Big East play starts for basketball.

Judy and Doug are the equivelent of the band that stayed and played while the Titanic sank.

BigEastDeath.png

Wait a second. UConn and Cincinnati didn't get on a lifeboat.

We're all stuck on the deck looking at the last lifeboats leaving. Hopefully we realize that there are a pair of collapsible lifeboats on the deck.

Boise State and TCU were a pair of passengers who sold their tickets just before departure.

The rest of the CUSA additions and Temple look like they will be the 3rd class passengers who got a last minute ticket and end up being locked up down below and the ship sinks.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Absolutely horrible from a TV perspective.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

That would be terrible.

Why? It's a wild ass idea, but why do you think that it would be terrible? Are we '"above" anyone else that would be in that conference?

As Databull said, from a TV perspective it has zero appeal. I would also add that the on field quality wouldn't be appealing either. It is certainly not "SEC lite" as someone said. I think there are much better schools out there to form a conference with or build the Big East with. U of Ohio, Tulsa to name 2. Not great names, but quality has been strong over the past couple of years.

I'm not saying wild, unique ideas aren't needed, but putting USF in the class of FIU and FAU is a big disservice to us. I think the quality of our department is far superior to theirs.

Edited by Economics_Nerd82