• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise St to stay in MWC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

I'm thinking ditch the west and create the Big Mac Conference. This conference would be stronger than the MWC currently is.

This could also screw Boise leaving them on the outside looking in most of the time.

and McDonalds could sponsor the championship game!

yep, it's actually a pretty good conference, not where we want to be obviously it will have to do.

Didn't the MAC have three teams ranked in final BCS? They had at least two. This may be a wild card idea, the MAC has always been a fun brand to watch. Plus, if NIU beats FSU tonite, it could spark something!!!

I say to hell with it, and invite some MAC teams!!! We already added one, and lost to it. And I love the name too!! The BIG MAC Conference. I co-sign!

This post has shown how low we have fallen. The Big MAC, mehh.

May be lower than you think ... Who says we'd be part of it? Maybe they'll only want programs who have won conference championships and finished in the top 25.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I won't pretend to have any special knowledge on realignment issues, but I will say that the remaining schools in the Big East should rewrite the narrative in the media by voting to dissolve the conference and focusing on who wants to join the "new" conference. This way the steady drip of schools leaving is mitigated somewhat by a discussion of who wants to participate in the new conference and why. It seems inevitable that SDSU and Navy will also part ways with the Big East soon. Instead of letting them "reject" the conference (to ESPN and CBS' continued delight), why not try to turn the narrative in our favor? Can't be worse than the constant negative press regarding the Big East.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I won't pretend to have any special knowledge on realignment issues, but I will say that the remaining schools in the Big East should rewrite the narrative in the media by voting to dissolve the conference and focusing on who wants to join the "new" conference. This way the steady drip of schools leaving is mitigated somewhat by a discussion of who wants to participate in the new conference and why. It seems inevitable that SDSU and Navy will also part ways with the Big East soon. Instead of letting them "reject" the conference (to ESPN and CBS' continued delight), why not try to turn the narrative in our favor? Can't be worse than the constant negative press regarding the Big East.

Doesn't sound too bad at all. It would certainly change the narrative.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This could be a great time to lead

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Unless nobody followed, that is. Then it would be a great time to look foolish

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Unless nobody followed, that is. Then it would be a great time to look foolish

Well, I think it would be wise to test the water before one jumped in

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Rumor is MWC might not let SDSU back in yet as 12, because they are making a run at BYU (being catered to like Boise) at 12. Really 14 conceived by all is a bad number so SDSU at 13 and some one else at 14 might not happen. But if SMU and Houston goes MWC then Tulsa and SDSU makes sense at 16.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Im not happy about this and i wouldve liked to have BSU in the league but lets remember SOS is a big decider in the new playoff format, my hope is that although we may not be in a Power 5 we get rid of 2 of our DivII games (keepin one as a practice game) and line up schools from the Power 5 to play.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Rumor is MWC might not let SDSU back in yet as 12, because they are making a run at BYU (being catered to like Boise) at 12. Really 14 conceived by all is a bad number so SDSU at 13 and some one else at 14 might not happen. But if SMU and Houston goes MWC then Tulsa and SDSU makes sense at 16.

Houston president quoted as wanting nothing to do with a Western conference. They have a relationship with the eastern teams. Don't know about SMU.