• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise St to stay in MWC

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Only thing BSU brought to the table was a higher profile program, although I guess that would have helped with new tv contract somewhat .... and a blue field. BSU will, arguably, be the main competition for the auto invite to an Access Bowl outside of our conference because of their notoriety helping them in the rankings.

As we all know perception is "reality".

Nothing we can do about it, but piss and moan. Luckily, that is what we do best. :thumbsup:

That is NOT what we do best.....We also argue quite well. :angrymob::guinness:

New conference. Start with a base of Florida schools. USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, then add 6 teams located in the SE. Limit travel expenses for the teams and fans, create some out of close proximity rivalries.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Hem, the campers DID get the final shot at Bubba and his buddy. Maybe it's UCF they'll make squeal like a pig. Knightro always did have a pretty mouth.

Skingraft, I agree that something bigger is coming, and BSU is positioning themselves for a world where the current BE members have left as well.

Ernesto, I also favor a smaller conference arrangement to facilitate movement when the next shake-up occurs. If UH/SMU are out, we can keep a compact 8-team FB league (UConn/UC/USF/Temp/UCF/Mem/Tul/ECU) +/- Navy. Convert Tulane to FB-only and the only new school the BBall schools would have to hold their nose for is UCF (they are fine with Temple/Memphis, and in this scenario the Texas schools are out). This can keep things together long enough (up to 2015 before BBall schools are supposed to leave) for the ACC to implode. Fewer mouths to feed and fewer anchors holding back the merger possibilities.

Edited by Doc

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

If Boise, SDSU, SMU and Houston don't join, we have another 7 conference game schedule next year with probably 2 FCS schools - just great.

And maybe we can beat one of them.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

New conference. Start with a base of Florida schools. USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, then add 6 teams located in the SE. Limit travel expenses for the teams and fans, create some out of close proximity rivalries.

SEC lite. Wouldn't be terrible. And if we dominated it, we'd be in line for promotion when the next slot opens up at the adults table...

Best to make it a 9-team all-sports league. 4-home, 4-away, 4-ooc in football, 16-game conference schedule in bball, similar for the olympic sports.

I could go for this.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

If Boise, SDSU, SMU and Houston don't join, we have another 7 conference game schedule next year with probably 2 FCS schools - just great.

And maybe we can beat one of them.

Cousin, you are one of the all time great supporters of USF football. It really is a sad day when you begin posting cynical remarks. Can't we just go back to 2007 and call it all a nightmare?

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

We raid MWC

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I keep telling you all.. we gotta get strength in numbers.. 20-team league, coast-to-coast.. 4 divisions of 5 teams, with a 4-team playoff at the end.

I really like this idea.

I keep telling you all.. we gotta get strength in numbers.. 20-team league, coast-to-coast.. 4 divisions of 5 teams, with a 4-team playoff at the end.

I really like this idea.

What kind of schedule would we end up with?

This is just a rough draft proposal-- but everyone plays each team in their division at least once (that's 4 games).. then 3 games vs 1 team in each of the other 3 divisions that you are not in: grand total of 7 games in the "Big America" conference. fill the rest of the games with OOC opponents/BCS conference opponents.

at the end of the year, set aside 2 wks for a "Big America" final 4 playoff system.. winner most likely wins a BCS payoff bid.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Becoming an indepen is looking better and better everyday.

:roflmao:

How much do you think the Bulls Television Network will be worth to NBC, ESPN or CBS?