• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise St to stay in MWC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Rumor is MWC might not let SDSU back in yet as 12, because they are making a run at BYU (being catered to like Boise) at 12. Really 14 conceived by all is a bad number so SDSU at 13 and some one else at 14 might not happen. But if SMU and Houston goes MWC then Tulsa and SDSU makes sense at 16.

Houston president quoted as wanting nothing to do with a Western conference. They have a relationship with the eastern teams. Don't know about SMU.

True but SMU (interesting to see what they say) and Houston are tied together and they also see an ACC invite assuming collapse.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Rumor is MWC might not let SDSU back in yet as 12, because they are making a run at BYU (being catered to like Boise) at 12. Really 14 conceived by all is a bad number so SDSU at 13 and some one else at 14 might not happen. But if SMU and Houston goes MWC then Tulsa and SDSU makes sense at 16.

Houston president quoted as wanting nothing to do with a Western conference. They have a relationship with the eastern teams. Don't know about SMU.

True but SMU (interesting to see what they say) and Houston are tied together and they also see an ACC invite assuming collapse.

An ACC invite for either of those schools is long shot short term (contingent upon many things happening). Key point is how aggressive the BE can be now. MWC deal with Boise is a poor one for the remaining schools in that conference. Will be interesting if it causes some to listen to BE.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Looks like ECU will take Boise's place next year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Im not happy about this and i wouldve liked to have BSU in the league but lets remember SOS is a big decider in the new playoff format, my hope is that although we may not be in a Power 5 we get rid of 2 of our DivII games (keepin one as a practice game) and line up schools from the Power 5 to play.

Except you forgot one thing. Because the power 5 schools are also concerned about SOS, none of them will play us.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Im not happy about this and i wouldve liked to have BSU in the league but lets remember SOS is a big decider in the new playoff format, my hope is that although we may not be in a Power 5 we get rid of 2 of our DivII games (keepin one as a practice game) and line up schools from the Power 5 to play.

Except you forgot one thing. Because the power 5 schools are also concerned about SOS, none of them will play us.

That right there is a pisser. We are in the perfect violation strom, as far as we know, no one wants us in their conference, yet we are just good enough to not play for fear of being upset. UGH!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

That right there is a pisser. We are in the perfect violation strom, as far as we know, no one wants us in their conference, yet we are just good enough to not play for fear of being upset. UGH!!

Sounds familiar...

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

http://espn.go.com/n...ing-mike-aresco

]The deal will allow teams that appear on national TV more often to make more money. Also, the league agreed to sell Boise State home games in a separate package.

The Mountain West also agreed to allow teams in its conference that play in BCS games and the equivalent when the new postseason system starts in 2014 to keep half the money. The rest of the conference will split the other half. In most leagues, all bowl money is shared equally.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Mountain West bent over for BSU and I'm glad Aresco didn't do it ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

http://espn.go.com/n...ing-mike-aresco

]The deal will allow teams that appear on national TV more often to make more money. Also, the league agreed to sell Boise State home games in a separate package.

The Mountain West also agreed to allow teams in its conference that play in BCS games and the equivalent when the new postseason system starts in 2014 to keep half the money. The rest of the conference will split the other half. In most leagues, all bowl money is shared equally.

What the hell? If I was am still in the MWC and am not Boise, I am FURIOUS. This deal is unreal.