• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise St to stay in MWC

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

New conference. Start with a base of Florida schools. USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, then add 6 teams located in the SE. Limit travel expenses for the teams and fans, create some out of close proximity rivalries.

That would be terrible.

Why? It's a wild ass idea, but why do you think that it would be terrible? Are we '"above" anyone else that would be in that conference?

As Databull said, from a TV perspective it has zero appeal. I would also add that the on field quality wouldn't be appealing either. It is certainly not "SEC lite" as someone said. I think there are much better schools out there to form a conference with or build the Big East with. U of Ohio, Tulsa to name 2. Not great names, but quality has been strong over the past couple of years.

I'm not saying wild, unique ideas aren't needed, but putting USF in the class of FIU and FAU is a big disservice to us. I think the quality of our department is far superior to theirs.

Fair enough.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

We are Doomed!

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This conference fiasco doesn't help CWT with recruiting. I hope this isn't another distraction for our football program.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Wouldn't it be great if our BB team had another great season and led the charge into a new conference.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm thinking ditch the west and create the Big Mac Conference. This conference would be stronger than the MWC currently is.

This could also screw Boise leaving them on the outside looking in most of the time.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I'm thinking ditch the west and create the Big Mac Conference. This conference would be stronger than the MWC currently is.

This could also screw Boise leaving them on the outside looking in most of the time.

and McDonalds could sponsor the championship game!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

yep, it's actually a pretty good conference, not where we want to be obviously it will have to do.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

yep, it's actually a pretty good conference, not where we want to be obviously it will have to do.

Didn't the MAC have three teams ranked in final BCS? They had at least two. This may be a wild card idea, the MAC has always been a fun brand to watch. Plus, if NIU beats FSU tonite, it could spark something!!!

I say to hell with it, and invite some MAC teams!!! We already added one, and lost to it. And I love the name too!! The BIG MAC Conference. I co-sign!