• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Like him, Didn't like his skills- BJ left it all on the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think anyone could question his heart

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't think anyone could question his heart

+1,000,000

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

easy to question the decision making capabilities of a 20-ish young man who has 3.5 seconds to make the best choice, often amongst lousy choices, before be smashed into. just keep rockin' the recliner.

im not comparing his decision making to what you or i would do under center, im comparing his decision making to those quarterbacks who actually know how to throw the ball away before scrambling around and taking a 10 yard loss on a sack.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

easy to question the decision making capabilities of a 20-ish young man who has 3.5 seconds to make the best choice, often amongst lousy choices, before be smashed into. just keep rockin' the recliner.

im not comparing his decision making to what you or i would do under center, im comparing his decision making to those quarterbacks who actually know how to throw the ball away before scrambling around and taking a 10 yard loss on a sack.

some of you people are unbelievable. you expect heisman abilities out of our QBs. news for you, none of them will be perfect. they will all make mistakes. even the kid that won the heisman was sacked. yeah he threw picks too. heisman winner was sacked 22 times this year. BJ Daniels was only sacked more than 22 times once in his 4 years and that was his first year. BJ Daniels actually has a lower yards per sack against when compared to the heisman winner and that takes into account all of his sacks. sometimes i wonder if you people actually believe what you write or if you have ever seen another college game in your life.

how many times did you see BJ not give up on a play and make something happen? huge runs from broken plays. he was not and was not expected to be a top 10 QB. he was a very good college QB that was used wrong and still managed to finish **** near the top of all time yardage leaders in BE. time for you to give him his props.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

BJ was and is a CLASS ACT all the way, He always gave his all, Was put in some bad situations(coaching) and tried to make the best of them with his own talent. Alot of BJ's problem was Skip and company, They basically tried to leash him in, and make him a pocket passer which he was not and didnt have the supporting cast(receivers, running backs). He has a nice arm, but he is at his best when he is running or out of the pocket. Skip tried to make an Orange out of an Apple.

Can only imagine how great USF and BJ could had been with Coach T or Leavitt. Skip was the problem with BJ.

BJ was a class act on and off the field. Total respect for this Young Man.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

BJ was and is a CLASS ACT all the way, He always gave his all, Was put in some bad situations(coaching) and tried to make the best of them with his own talent. Alot of BJ's problem was Skip and company, They basically tried to leash him in, and make him a pocket passer which he was not and didnt have the supporting cast(receivers, running backs). He has a nice arm, but he is at his best when he is running or out of the pocket. Skip tried to make an Orange out of an Apple.

Can only imagine how great USF and BJ could had been with Coach T or Leavitt. Skip was the problem with BJ.

BJ was a class act on and off the field. Total respect for this Young Man.

Agree 100%

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

After watching that it really made me reevaluate his potential. I've been a supporter of BJ from the beginning but I didn't want that to change my perception on whether he was NFL caliber or not. I believe he is worth drafting only if you are a creative mind offensively or someone like Belichik who can take his strengths and utilize them. It's not like he isn't capable of running a play, it's more like our O as a whole wasn't sufficient enough to run a play and basically asked BJ to win it for us.

He has a build that can be successful at the next level at WR or RB/Slot especially in an O like the Patriots(Edelman). He has great lateral movement and natural running ability to see plays develop. In addition he has a very strong arm(can make all the throws), although he lacks the ability to throw a touch pass(can easily be learned). As for the deep ball just watch this video again and look at how many TD's he throws where WR's are barely in bounds but he puts it only where they can make a play. I'm not saying he will be a QB but I'm also saying he can make more throws than a lot of other QB's that have been drafted, it really is up to who sees his talent and can harness it. I hate NE but I really hope he ends up there as I could see Belichik utilizing him the right way and giving us something to see for years to come.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've always been a BJ defender, for the simple fact that he's been misused since his freshman year. Skip tried to fit a square peg into a round hole and BJ made the best of the hand he was dealt. His decision making was crap sometimes, but he also turned tons of potentially negative plays into positive yardage (even a small gain is better than a loss). Above all else, he left EVERYTHING on the field, played hurt until he couldn't play any more and always had a good time doing it. Through all the bad that he experienced here, he never let it bring him down and that would've been easy to do, especially Skip's first year when he was throwing him under the bus every chance he got.

For as bad as the last two years have been, they would've been 100x worse without BJ and we got to experience that after he got hurt at the end of the year.

Edited by GoBulls84

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BJ would have been an all American under Paul Johnson at GT