• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If Taggart wants Chuck Amato on his staff, who am I to disagree? Taggart knows far more about football than I do,

Get that ******** out of here ...!

I would, but you're still here.

Classy.

Apparently all USF fans aren't astute as I thought they were ... I need to be more selective.

Calling an opinion "********" is hardly high-classed stuff. And I'm quite sure I'm sufficiently astute for the likes of you, quadruple B.

You're still relatively new here. Trip's comment was actually supporting what you said, he just has a different, more subtle way of doing it. :)

P.S. Memo to Trip: sometimes smileys help get the point across better. :thumbsup:

Key to your sacred recruiting is becoming "hip". Not getting a guy who needs a new "hip".

I lmao'd ...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Key to your sacred recruiting is becoming "hip". Not getting a guy who needs a new "hip". Hip is getting someone who kids can relate to a good defense right now. What have you done for me lately. Oh you coached my former teammate at florida. I can call and ask and find out about you.

The staff is loaded with young and "hip". The best organizations have a mix of you and energy and wise veterans to remind the kids when not to go overboard. It's up to CWT to hire who he is comfortable with, but it is very wise to add a DC with that depth of knowledge and experience.

Agreed. And unlike the "classy" folks on this board, I don't presume to know what the best "mix" is for CWT - that's his prerogative.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

If Taggart wants Chuck Amato on his staff, who am I to disagree? Taggart knows far more about football than I do,

Classy.

Apparently all USF fans aren't astute as I thought they were ... I need to be more selective.

Calling an opinion "********" is hardly high-classed stuff. And I'm quite sure I'm sufficiently astute for the likes of you, quadruple B.

You're still relatively new here. Trip's comment was actually supporting what you said, he just has a different, more subtle way of doing it. :)

Trip, if that's the case, my apologies. But by all appearances you were gratuitously calling my opinion ******** and I don't take that too well...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Key to your sacred recruiting is becoming "hip". Not getting a guy who needs a new "hip". Hip is getting someone who kids can relate to a good defense right now. What have you done for me lately. Oh you coached my former teammate at florida. I can call and ask and find out about you.

The staff is loaded with young and "hip". The best organizations have a mix of you and energy and wise veterans to remind the kids when not to go overboard. It's up to CWT to hire who he is comfortable with, but it is very wise to add a DC with that depth of knowledge and experience.

We've got plenty on young guys on the staff to relate to players. We need someone that knows defense inside and out. Tags an offensive minded coach. He needs a talented and experienced XO's guy at DC. Is that Chuck Amato? I don't know. My gut says I hope not, but he's got a nice resume (at least parts of it).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

P.S. Memo to Trip: sometimes smileys help get the point across better. :thumbsup:

Only smiley I'm using now is :facepalm: ...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Trip, if that's the case, my apologies. But by all appearances you were gratuitously calling my opinion ******** and I don't take that too well...

I thought it was pretty obvious he was joking, and that you're comment was very rational compared to some of the other ones! Anyways, I can't wait to know who our DC is! I'm not too sure of my opinion on Chuck just yet..

edit: got rid of the big quote line!

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

We might have the most sarcastic fan base in the country.... So we have that going for us...

I think having an old veteran on the staff can be a real good thing. It's not just appealing to high school kids, but also the media, because they shape what oriole vote as reality. Amato is respected for his track record, and if Taggart brings him in, he'll be passionate about it, because Taggart isn't going to bring in someone who wants to sail into retirement in the sun.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Classy.

It was a joke.