• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

kids will say oh you have floridas lb coach? they had a great defense. I respect that. Or oh you used to coach at nc state way back then. I kinda remember that but your at akron now clinging to your coaching career. Im not sold.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Amato 20 years ago was a good coach. He was out of football for 2 years and the best gig he could get was with Terry Bowden and the rest of the FSU cast offs at a 1-11 Akron team that proceeded to go 1-11 again in 2012.

I will be shocked and highly disappointed if he is the hire.

He was out for 2 years with CANCER

Yes, I knew that. In fact it was throat cancer and I hope he has made a full recovery. However, his coaching career was headed down before cancer. He was fired from NC State and then went back to FSU and was there during there fall from grace.

It's 2013 not 2002, I hope we can do better.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

If Taggart wants Chuck Amato on his staff, who am I to disagree? Taggart knows far more about football than I do,

Get that ******** out of here ...!

I would, but you're still here.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Key to your sacred recruiting is becoming "hip". Not getting a guy who needs a new "hip". Hip is getting someone who kids can relate to a good defense right now. What have you done for me lately. Oh you coached my former teammate at florida. I can call and ask and find out about you.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If Taggart wants Chuck Amato on his staff, who am I to disagree? Taggart knows far more about football than I do,

Classy.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Key to your sacred recruiting is becoming "hip". Not getting a guy who needs a new "hip". Hip is getting someone who kids can relate to a good defense right now. What have you done for me lately. Oh you coached my former teammate at florida. I can call and ask and find out about you.

The staff is loaded with young and "hip". The best organizations have a mix of you and energy and wise veterans to remind the kids when not to go overboard. It's up to CWT to hire who he is comfortable with, but it is very wise to add a DC with that depth of knowledge and experience.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

Classy.

Apparently all USF fans aren't astute as I thought they were ... I need to be more selective.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Classy.

Apparently all USF fans aren't astute as I thought they were ... I need to be more selective.

Calling an opinion "********" is hardly high-classed stuff. And I'm quite sure I'm sufficiently astute for the likes of you, quadruple B.