• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Apparently CWT may be interested in Kevin Steele. Yikes!

@coachingsearch: A source tells me that South Florida head coach Willie Taggart has interest in former Clemson DC Kevin Steele. http://t.co/o72P3H1J

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sounds like Steele may need a few sessions with a shrink.

http://www.shakinthe...-out-at-clemson

That sounds like a scapegoating article to me.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

@coachingsearch: A source tells me that South Florida head coach Willie Taggart has interest in former Clemson DC Kevin Steele. http://t.co/o72P3H1J

Anybody know of any redeeming qualities for this guy? Looking at numbers alone, his defenses appear to have gotten worse each year and this year's was no better than ours. Not someone I'd necessarily trust to bring us to 'bully' status.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I know he had a bad bowl game, but the guy has been coaching for over 30 years. Here are some of his top accomplishments:

During his six years in Lincoln, the Cornhuskers went 60-11, appeared in six bowl games, won four conference championships and captured the 1994 national championship with a 13-0 record. He coached Butkus Award winner Trev Alberts during that time. He was also an assistant coach at the Florida State University, University of Tennessee, Oklahoma State University and New Mexico State University. On January 4, 2007, Steele was hired by new Alabama coach Nick Saban as defensive coordinator for the Crimson Tide.

• Has 25 years of experience in the college ranks and four in the NFL with the Carolina Panthers.

• Has coached in 18 bowl games, including eight that are considered BCS bowls. That includes six Orange Bowls.

• Has been on 12 coaching staffs that have finished in the top 25 at six different schools.

• Rated as the #10 recruiter in the nation during a 10-year stretch (2002-11) by Rivals.com.

• His 2010 defense was 13th in the nation in scoring defense and best in the ACC.

• Helped Clemson to an ACC Atlantic Division title and top-25 AP ranking in his first year (2009). Clemson's 2009 defense finished in the top 25 in the nation in seven different categories.

• Has coached under National Championship Head Coaches Bobby Bowden, Johnny Majors, Tom Osborne, and Nick Saban in his career that dates to the 1982 season.

• Spent the 2007 and 2008 seasons at Alabama under Nick Saban and helped the Crimson Tide to the 2008 SEC Championship game. Alabama finished the regular season with a 12-0 record and finished third in the nation in total defense, fourth in rushing defense, and sixth in scoring defense in 2008.

• Spent 2003-06 at Florida State, where he was executive head coach and linebackers coach under Bobby Bowden.

• Named the nation's top recruiter by Rivals.com in 2005.

• Served as head coach at Baylor (1999-02) and assistant coach with the Carolina Panthers (1995-98).

• Coached six years at Nebraska (1989-94), as it had a 61-11-1 record and won four Big 12 titles.

• Member of the 1994 Nebraska staff that won the national title.

• Coached at his alma mater (Tennessee) in 1987 and 1988, helping it to a 10-2-1 record in 1987.

• In 1984, he helped Oklahoma State to a 10-2 record and #5 ranking in the final AP poll.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

That site also said CWT was after the Purdue S&C asst

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I hate all this waiting, but I must say that it is encouraging.

A quick hire for such an important position can be a very bad move. Plus, it also means that we are not going after somebody just fill a spot, maybe a $9.99 coach just to have somebody in there.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Greg Hudson

1994-1996 UCONN (OL)

1997-2000 Cincinnati (LB)

2001-2004 Minnesota (LB)

2005-2009 East Carolina (DC)

2010-present Florida State (LB)

He played college football at Notre Dame, where he was a two year starter at linebacker.

This guy has ties to Holtz. No thanks.

The bold text quoted makes you an idiot.

Kevin Steele was mentioned as well (Prior DC for Clemson who was fired/resigned after the WVU-Clemson bowl game massacre)

Why? Just because I have an opinion?

Maybe we'll meet at a USF game one of these days and I'll buy you a beer --if you are old enough to drink.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Greg Hudson

1994-1996 UCONN (OL)

1997-2000 Cincinnati (LB)

2001-2004 Minnesota (LB)

2005-2009 East Carolina (DC)

2010-present Florida State (LB)

He played college football at Notre Dame, where he was a two year starter at linebacker.

This guy has ties to Holtz. No thanks.

The bold text quoted makes you an idiot.

Kevin Steele was mentioned as well (Prior DC for Clemson who was fired/resigned after the WVU-Clemson bowl game massacre)

Why? Just because I have an opinion?

Maybe we'll meet at a USF game one of these days and I'll buy you a beer --if you are old enough to drink.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Geez Beta, must have really hurt your feelings for you to have posted that twice. Ruling someone out just because they were associated at one point with Skip Holtz, is stupid.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Josh Newberg â€@joshnewberg247

Wow RT @coachingsearch: Sources tell me that Willie Taggart will interview Chuck Amato today for the DC job at USF.