• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So who are we looking at for an Offensive Coordinator?

doesn't matter. Taggart calls his own plays.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So who are we looking at for an Offensive Coordinator?

Already hired him.

Name is Willie Taggart. You may have heard of him. :)

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Sarasota Herald Tribune says we are looking at Manatee High Coach Joe Kinnan.

@htpreps Could Manatee High coach Joe Kinnan be heading to South Florida as Bulls offensive coordinator? #USFBulls

Edited by chrisdashley

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

@htpreps Could Manatee High coach Joe Kinnan be heading to South Florida as Bulls offensive coordinator? #USFBulls

If it's just a figurehead with CWT calling the plays, no problem ... and for those few dummies that were calling Skip's hire nepotism, this would be an example of that.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If it's just a figurehead with CWT calling the plays, no problem ... and for those few dummies that were calling Skip's hire nepotism, this would be an example of that.

Great move politically with the Bay Area crowd.Shows an interest in rewarding the local coaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Great move politically with the Bay Area crowd.Shows an interest in rewarding the local coaches.

I'd be surprised if there are many high school coaches that move up to D I football and get a coordinator position. I would guess that position coach is the first step. Can't bring Manatee's playbook to this level. Some transitioning would be in order.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'd be surprised if there are many high school coaches that move up to D I football and get a coordinator position. I would guess that position coach is the first step. Can't bring Manatee's playbook to this level. Some transitioning would be in order.

There aren't many, but one is Gus Malzahn. He went from HS coach to the OC at Arkansas in the SEC in 2006. 6 years later and he's the head coach at Auburn.

Yeah, it doesn't happen very often, but a bigger jump has been made in the past. Willie calls the plays in his offense. Malzahn called the plays are Arkansas. So not only was it a jump to a bigger school, it was a jump to more responsibility.

I would and wouldn't be surprised if Kinnan actually came as the OC. Tag needs a value hire at OC to fill out the rest of the staff with qualified individuals like Shannon.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah , like Kinnan is going to be the OC (and get paid 1 million a year (inside joke) ..... LOL ) :nope: Not going to happen !

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Doubt they'd just throw him into an OC spot, even with all his years of HC at the High School level. Positions coach? For sure, and I think it would be a great idea.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I am getting restless waiting on the assistant coaches to be hired... more of an excited anticipation, than "why has he not hired yet".... I am burnt out of the conference realignment crap and hoping to discuss more football related issues