• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would you let Skip Holtz coach your son?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

Why would I subject my child to all those heart breaking losses. Man up Holtz and solve the mess you and your staff have helped to create. Or find a staff to compensate for your lack of in game coaching and general preparation and schemes.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

If we as fans are this concerned about Skipper's coaching ability, what are the parents thinking when they agree to place their child's NFL dreams in Skip Holtz hands? Assuming you felt your kid had a shot at playing at the next level, would you let your child play for a Skip Holtz coached team?

I read this losers post again and it is just pathetic. How many NFL players come from small schools you have never heard of, but thats not even the point. Do you really think an NFL scout says hey they are 2-5 so they must not have any NFL talent or he looks at a player ans judges him based on the teams record. Just pathetic.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

This is by far the most pathetic thread on this board. Like the guy said, recruits dads read this board. For you to write this obvously you have never spent time with Coach Holtz. Who is not going to let their kid play for a man because they feel his in game coaching is not up to their standards. I would want my son playing for a good man who has my sons best interests at heart and who runs a CLEAN program as Skip does. I hope this gets taken down, I am embarassed for you who started this thread.

I was a little taken back by the thread at first but I do realize we have kids on this board who are not as smart as my son and probably ounger then him also. A father wants their sons to have proper guidance while they are away from home. These are our largest treasures our lifes works. Talent will be reconigized at the next level but if the proper guidance is not there alot worse can happen to our sons besides not being a 1st round pick. Im more worried about the TV contract then I am about CSH ability or Character.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198

If we as fans are this concerned about Skipper's coaching ability, what are the parents thinking when they agree to place their child's NFL dreams in Skip Holtz hands? Assuming you felt your kid had a shot at playing at the next level, would you let your child play for a Skip Holtz coached team?

I read this losers post again and it is just pathetic. How many NFL players come from small schools you have never heard of, but thats not even the point. Do you really think an NFL scout says hey they are 2-5 so they must not have any NFL talent or he looks at a player ans judges him based on the teams record. Just pathetic.

Sorry that the question offended some of you, this was not my intention. I do feel that exceptional talent stands out even on a team with a losing record. But I also feel that a big part of standing out is having a coach who puts his players in a position to develop and display thier natural talent, not forcing them to be something they are not. IMHO Skip has not been able to do that with his current players which was the motivation for the question.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Would absolutely let my kid play for Holtz. Can't think of anyone other than Chris Johnson off the top of my head, but as others have said talent is recognized by scouts. Some examples of this are kids from Hofstra playing in the NFL. Holtz is a good person and although the wins and losses aren't improving, some other things about the team are.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077

You guys are trying to be funny, but he did mention NFL in the OP.

That said, I hate that this is a thread, considering our current QB commit's dad frequents this website.

Yeah, you are right about that. I guess we have to hope he is the type of guy who wants to play right away and be the man who wants to help improve a downtrodden team rather than go to a bigger better situation and just be another guy.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077

It's amazing, when we're horribly down many new people join the board, when we're extremely up many new people join the board.

Actually, I can top that. How about when the team is doing reasonably well (not great) and the malcontents feel it is necessary to come on here and rain on the superfans' parade? Yeah, I do not get rah rah about the team and do find lovefests a little irritating (like the perpetual question "Is Gameday coming?" ugh) but its just sports.

Notice how those malcontents are a lot less vocal when even the ones who love the team the most are down on that same team? It is as if they are content when we stink and do not want others to have fun if we are even having mild success.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Thats up to my kid. Its their choice where they go to college, they are legally an adult even if they act like an idiot 13 year old. If they wanna play for skip, thats their choice even if they have NFL potential,

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not a parent... but if I were I would let my kid decide where they want to go, of course I would give guidance but ultimately why wouldn't this be the kid's decision?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You guys are trying to be funny, but he did mention NFL in the OP.

That said, I hate that this is a thread, considering our current QB commit's dad frequents this website.

Fortunately, the father in question knows much more about football and what and how our staff is coaching than the vast majority of our posters.