• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz Radio Show

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Who knows what the hell they were thinking then? What did they expect fans to say, unless they'd been under a rock since Dec. 31, 2010.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

Who knows what the hell they were thinking then? What did they expect fans to say, unless they'd been under a rock since Dec. 31, 2010.

I don't know-- sounds like a job you give to some unpaid intern and hope it works out ok. A simple thing to fix going forward if anyone is paying attention

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

The radio show was about what you would expect, nothing more or less. The team hasn't given up and has a great attitude, seniors are rallying the team, we can right the ship, second season starts now, etc., etc.

As for the level of fan discourse, fans are generally at their worst when their team is either winning a lot or losing a lot. i would take some of the obnoxious front-running bastads for a change, however.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

So expressing your opinion that you're dissatisfied with the coaching staff / direction of the program makes you a classless loser? That's an interesting opinion in which I do not agree, Triple B.

I've got no real problems with the expressing of dissatisfaction with the coaching staff, etc. There's been plenty of that done on here. I've got a problem with the classless, gutless, ignorant way that it was done with some of those comments ...

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The radio show was about what you would expect, nothing more or less. The team hasn't given up and has a great attitude, seniors are rallying the team, we can right the ship, second season starts now, etc., etc.

So...the same since the beginning of the season, eh? At least it's nice to know that our team doesn't want to lose. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

you know how Notre Dame has that "play like a champion today" sign?

Holtz put up a similar sign in the Bulls locker room at RJS that says "really compete today"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Listening to sports radio, their comment about 'being competitive' was that no one ever takes pride in that.

While other teams rack up championships and bowl appearances and string together winning seasons, the

one thing you don't here from the other end of the spectrum is "well, we were competitive", "we hung in there".

Maybe it's just me, but there comes a point where, if you've listened to a coach's show for a while, you can

pretty much predict what the next couple of dozen are going to sound like. I think they're kind of mandatory,

and it comes with the territory. Recap the game (hi/low), words about next week and repeat this script for

the remainder of the season, unless, you don't go to a bowl, in which case you talk about off-season stuff.

Remember...no leaks! Nothing classified! Nothing controversial! Nothing not designed for external consumption.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

The fact of the matter is we got used to being competitive. We got used to being in a bowl every season. We took down big name teams (i.e. FSU, Auburn, Miami) We were proud to be Bulls. For two of his three seasons as HC we are playing horribly when we should be at our best because we have so many tenured players returning. This is likely to be our 2nd season with no bowl invite. That hurts recruiting in a highly competitive recruiting market. Thus making the future look even more bleak.

I will always be a Bull fan but I am sick of having friends say "What's up with your Bulls!" I hold Coach responsible. He is the one running the team and he is the one that needs to fix it or get out. Two seasons of excuses and promises are sickening.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Radio show is a waste. Nothing earth shattering will be said. Nothing new will be learned. Why bother.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

So...the same since the beginning of the season, eh? At least it's nice to know that our team doesn't want to lose. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the last Holtz radio show this year... I have a bet with someone that Skip will utter the phrase "Our 2013 season starts today"... I'm sure that I will win that bet.