Skip Holtz Radio Show

MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

So after listening to these questions..."Coach, I noticed the run defense really improved"....I have to ask, is it worth calling in with legitimate criticisms? Or will my call be immediately screened away?

And yay First Post!

What would you hope to accomplish by calling in with criticisms, legit or otherwise? Now that you've broken your cherry here, feel free to use it as a catharsis and criticize to your heart's content ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

So after listening to these questions..."Coach, I noticed the run defense really improved"....I have to ask, is it worth calling in with legitimate criticisms? Or will my call be immediately screened away?

And yay First Post!

What would you hope to accomplish by calling in with criticisms, legit or otherwise? Now that you've broken your cherry here, feel free to use it as a catharsis and criticize to your heart's content ...

I wouldn't attack the coach or anything, but I was hoping to bring up the horrible play of this defense. Cosh has never had a big history of success, the team is giving up 31pts to the high power Ball State Offense, 429.5yds a game against FBS teams, zero QB pressure, and at what point does he begin to hold the staff accountable for poor play?

I'm just asking because it seems that since this turmoil started, call ins have been limited to "It's just a game", "I believe in you! ". I will give it a shot, but I just wanted to know if I had a chance in hell of getting through.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

you would have to word the question to: "coach, some of the current defensive schemes seem to provide the opposition with a lot of cushion to make short passes with high completion percentages, and then a missed tackle can result in a long gain. have you considered playing more man coverage (with safety help) in an attempt to be more aggressive and prevent teams from converting long down and distance plays?"

you probably have to word it as a "curious fan" question rather than someone coming in with a heater.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

It's just a game that he gets paid 2 million to "coach". Word on the street is we are looking to replace this debauchery of a coaching staff next year. Hopefully the Colombia restaurant sells a lot of delicious 1905 salad to pay for the buyout. Here is one question: Skippy where are you going to work next year as a commentator?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217

Be glad people are angry - it shows they are emotionally invested and paying attention.

Agreed. Football is the product. The coaches are the managers. The alumni and fans are the customers. In any business, the customers have the right to voice their opinions regarding the product they are paying for.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

It's just a game that he gets paid 2 million to "coach". Word on the street is we are looking to replace this debauchery of a coaching staff next year. Hopefully the Colombia restaurant sells a lot of delicious 1905 salad to pay for the buyout. Here is one question: Skippy where are you going to work next year as a commentator?

That's interesting...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

the Colombia restaurant sells a lot of delicious 1905 salad to pay for the buyout.

The restaurant is "The Columbia," and the country is Colombia. One has nothing to do with the other. And, yes, the 1905 salad at the Columbia is delicious. :)

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

I don't care how you spell it, but if buying a salad gets us a new coach, sign me up :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

On the bright side, a harried but thankful mother called in to say how our players helped her load her groceries into her car and entertain her restless children. So even if we can't win a game, we can still earn our Boy Scout merit badges.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Would we want to be associated with the Boy Scouts with everything they are in the News for? Not sure which is Worse the Catholic Church, The Boy Scouts or PSU. Id prefer that we not be mentioned in the same sentence as any of them. Just saying