• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz understands our frustrations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

That would be an idiotic move on his part. He would never get a coaching job at any level again.

Who would hire a coach that by his own actions is saying "I don't believe I can get the job done so I'll just step down".

Although he hasn't proven himself at a BCS level yet, he has proven he is a decent college coach.

In his mind he should be thinking that we can turn this around.

No one is going to walk away from $2.5 mill.

Coaching is a job to these guys. Think about what you would do in your own job. Even if things are rough, you wouldn't think you could get the job done? Every true professional at any meaningful job that I know believes he can get the job done.

+1...there is no way that skippy pays out a million dollars before 2013 to get out of his contract.

USF coach Skip Holtz has signed a contract extension through the 2017 season that will pay him $2 million annually, the school announced Friday.

Holtz is going into his third season with the Bulls, having gone 13-12 in his first two years. His previous deal was set to expire in 2014.

The school also announced a new six-year contract for men's basketball coach Stan Heath.

“We’re pleased to be able to extend both coach Holtz and coach Heath,†athletic director Doug Woolard said in a statement. “They’re great representatives for both USF and their respective programs. I have great confidence in the leadership they are providing and the future of both our football and men’s basketball programs.â€

Should Holtz decide to leave USF before Dec. 8, 2013, he would have to pay a $1 million buyout. That number goes down to $500,000 if he decides to leave between Dec. 9, 2013 and Dec. 8, 2014.

There are also some pretty major incentives for Holtz should he reach certain benchmarks.

• Winning BCS national championship: $500,000
  • Participating in BCS national championship game: $400,000
  • Winning conference championship and Big East representative in BCS bowl: $200,000
  • Selected for a BCS bowl game with at-large bid: $150,000
  • Selected for Russell Athletic Bowl: $50,000
  • Selected for any other non-BCS bowl: $25,000
  • Winning Big East Coach of the Year honors: $50,000
  • Final Top 10 ranking, in either AP or coaches' poll: $100,000

That would be if he left for another gig. I promise you, if he simply resigned and sat out of CFB for at least one season, USF would not be seeking the buyout money.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad to see him take some ownership.

This is the 1st time he really has and I believe he didn't have a choice knowing very well the backlash was and is coming.

HOWEVER, I don't appreciate him saying he is taking this harder than anyone else. Trust me he doesn't feel it worse than me or as I'm sure several other longtime Bulls

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'm only willing to give Holtz a pass on this year and another to work things out if he fires Cosh and Fitch. If he doesn't, f him and he can gtfo of Tampa and never show his face again for all I care.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I'm only willing to give Holtz a pass on this year and another to work things out if he fires Cosh and Fitch. If he doesn't, f him and he can gtfo of Tampa and never show his face again for all I care.

ding ding. same here. These two clowns need to gtfo yesterday. Im not sure that Holtz shouldnt be, but as you said, I am willing to give it another year if he goes and find some coordinators with experience and a track record.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

That would be an idiotic move on his part. He would never get a coaching job at any level again.

Who would hire a coach that by his own actions is saying "I don't believe I can get the job done so I'll just step down".

Although he hasn't proven himself at a BCS level yet, he has proven he is a decent college coach.

In his mind he should be thinking that we can turn this around.

No one is going to walk away from $2.5 mill.

Coaching is a job to these guys. Think about what you would do in your own job. Even if things are rough, you wouldn't think you could get the job done? Every true professional at any meaningful job that I know believes he can get the job done.

+1...there is no way that skippy pays out a million dollars before 2013 to get out of his contract.

USF coach Skip Holtz has signed a contract extension through the 2017 season that will pay him $2 million annually, the school announced Friday.

Holtz is going into his third season with the Bulls, having gone 13-12 in his first two years. His previous deal was set to expire in 2014.

The school also announced a new six-year contract for men's basketball coach Stan Heath.

“We’re pleased to be able to extend both coach Holtz and coach Heath,†athletic director Doug Woolard said in a statement. “They’re great representatives for both USF and their respective programs. I have great confidence in the leadership they are providing and the future of both our football and men’s basketball programs.â€

Should Holtz decide to leave USF before Dec. 8, 2013, he would have to pay a $1 million buyout. That number goes down to $500,000 if he decides to leave between Dec. 9, 2013 and Dec. 8, 2014.

There are also some pretty major incentives for Holtz should he reach certain benchmarks.

• Winning BCS national championship: $500,000
  • Participating in BCS national championship game: $400,000
  • Winning conference championship and Big East representative in BCS bowl: $200,000
  • Selected for a BCS bowl game with at-large bid: $150,000
  • Selected for Russell Athletic Bowl: $50,000
  • Selected for any other non-BCS bowl: $25,000
  • Winning Big East Coach of the Year honors: $50,000
  • Final Top 10 ranking, in either AP or coaches' poll: $100,000

That would be if he left for another gig. I promise you, if he simply resigned and sat out of CFB for at least one season, USF would not be seeking the buyout money.

Good point, I can't see USF going after the money if the feeling is mutual or if its health or family related.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Agree on Cosh.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Agree on Cosh.

Agree

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Agree on Cosh.

Agree

what would it take, money wise, to get rid of him since he signed a 2 yr contract?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

what would it take, money wise, to get rid of him since he signed a 2 yr contract?

Contract is until 2017, not sure where you're getting a 2yr contract from. Dougie Fresh, our AD, also had his contract extended.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Contract is until 2017, not sure where you're getting a 2yr contract from. Dougie Fresh, our AD, also had his contract extended.

He's probably talking about Cosh