• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz understands our frustrations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I swear I've seen Leavitt make all those exact same poses

but he was a "lunatic"

This guy?

jimleavitt.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I think this team would be much improved with a proven defensive coordinator. As much as Fitch frustrates me at times, The offense isnt horrendous. It could improve obviously, especially with regards to how we use BJD, but it hasnt been too bad. Our defense is literally a joke. Worst defense I have ever seen. Dead serious. If Holtz were to get a new DC, I think I could support him a little while longer.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I think this team would be much improved with a proven defensive coordinator. As much as Fitch frustrates me at times, The offense isnt horrendous. It could improve obviously, especially with regards to how we use BJD, but it hasnt been too bad. Our defense is literally a joke. Worst defense I have ever seen. Dead serious. If Holtz were to get a new DC, I think I could support him a little while longer.

+1

I agree with Mike!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

problem is the defense comes from the top. cosh runs skip's defense. it's ultra conservative. we've had trouble with 3rd and longs before. problem now is that the middle of the field never gets defended.

I don't think fitch or holtz know how to use their personnel on offense. not only do they try to pass 30+ a game while giving up on the run but guys like victor marc and deonte welch should be getting mucho opportunites while t rex should get a couple of looks a game. there is no way he is a go to receiver. we never use our TEs . they would be a matchup nightmare against anyone.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bring Leavitt back as DC. First openining game Leavitt comes out and Headbutts Holtz at midfield, knocking him out cold.

3ra853.jpg

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Bring Leavitt back as DC. First openining game Leavitt comes out and Headbutts Holtz at midfield, knocking him out cold.

3ra853.jpg

lold

problem is the defense comes from the top. cosh runs skip's defense. it's ultra conservative. we've had trouble with 3rd and longs before. problem now is that the middle of the field never gets defended.

I don't think fitch or holtz know how to use their personnel on offense. not only do they try to pass 30+ a game while giving up on the run but guys like victor marc and deonte welch should be getting mucho opportunites while t rex should get a couple of looks a game. there is no way he is a go to receiver. we never use our TEs . they would be a matchup nightmare against anyone.

I know, I am saying we need to bring in a proven DC so he can run his defense. Tell Holtz to go **** himself with his poverty defense and run something that will get stops and turnovers.

I agree our TEs would be our best receivers if I were running the offense. Who better to throw to when trying to make short gains?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Remember last year Snyder was moaning to "let em loose". With Cosh Holtz has someone he can control better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

Let's not get revisionist on here. There were a great number (majority probably) that believed that leavitt's sideline demeanor was "embarrassing" to the university and the program. I did not share that opinion, but believed that he needed to tone it down and stay focused so he could coach. The university hired, as often happens in coaching changes, the opposite. Calm and even keeled. That's who Skil is, that has not changed.

they listened to the media and the tv broadcast people as if Leavitt was the only coach in the owrld who ever showed emotion. Oddly-- the same emotion coming out of Gruden was PRAISED.

so he head butt a couple of people-- BFD. anyway... water under the bridge