• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how long until we bring in floyd?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I lol'd @ 6'% with a cannon arm

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Kid will be the alltime BigEast yardage leader this year. He's leaving it all out there. If staff wants to get floyd in for a series or two ok, but if the start him that's bs. Pretty sure they lose the rest of the team if they do that.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I lol'd @ 6'5 with a cannon arm

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I agree, I do not think Floyd gets on the field unless BJ is injured. I agree with the concept, but can't see Holtz doing that to BJ. Our best bet at this point is acquiring a transfer QB that is very bright and can learn our system quickly. Otherwise, next year may be as bad as this year, if not worse (if possible).

That's why you turn it over to Floyd so he can get starts and we can enter next year with an experienced guy (Floyd), a phenom frosh (Woulard) and a 6'5" guy with a cannon but limited experience (Eveld).

When did Eveld get a cannon

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

Pulling BJ would be a disgusting insult to the kid. If they pull BJ without a ****** performance, then I truly am done with this program until Holtz is gone. Could never support something like that. A couple of reps wont do ****.

Agree completely. You put your best on the field every game. If Floyd wants reps he'll have to step up in practice and prove he's better. Pull Daniles? Way to reward your best performing player.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I agree, I do not think Floyd gets on the field unless BJ is injured. I agree with the concept, but can't see Holtz doing that to BJ. Our best bet at this point is acquiring a transfer QB that is very bright and can learn our system quickly. Otherwise, next year may be as bad as this year, if not worse (if possible).

That's why you turn it over to Floyd so he can get starts and we can enter next year with an experienced guy (Floyd), a phenom frosh (Woulard) and a 6'5" guy with a cannon but limited experience (Eveld).

When did Eveld get a cannon

Fitch has said e has a strong arm. From what i've seen of him in limited action, he is the best guy on the team at the 10 yard out. . . . . . . you know, the play that BJ always throws the guy out of bounds.

Common knowledge that he was a college-level catcher in HS (might have been drafted). Go to your local park and try to throw out a HS kid stealing 2nd.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Time to look to 2014

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Playing Eveld or Floyd strictly to prepare for the future is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Why stop just with the QBs? So, because he needs experience, Bivins should be starting over Webster? How about Thor going in to replace Popek? Lamar and Murray will be gone next year and Battles and Davis need experience. Price has been getting some reps already. Surely he can replace Landi at TE. Ciabatti needs snaps, whoever our next kicker is should replace Bonani. I'm sure our 2013 starting LBs will need time so sit Barrington and Lanaris.

Simply put, as Herm Edwards said: "you play to win the game".

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Playing Eveld or Floyd strictly to prepare for the future is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Why stop just with the QBs? So, because he needs experience, Bivins should be starting over Webster? How about Thor going in to replace Popek? Lamar and Murray will be gone next year and Battles and Davis need experience. Price has been getting some reps already. Surely he can replace Landi at TE. Ciabatti needs snaps, whoever our next kicker is should replace Bonani. I'm sure our 2013 starting LBs will need time so sit Barrington and Lanaris.

Simply put, as Herm Edwards said: "you play to win the game".

Herm Edwards is a laughingstock and unemployable as a coach. Skip will be fired if he sucks next year. I know it. You know it. AND HE KNOWS IT. He's crazy to not turn over this year's roster after he sees the writing on the wall.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

The quote is still appropriate. You play to win today with the kids that go out and earn the start. You don't throw in the towel and play kids that don't earn it. What message would that send? Bust your ass everyday in practice win the starting job, but sorry dude, we know you're the best player at your position, but sorry. We need to think about when you won't be here.

So next year do you do the same thing?

You put the best talent on the field. If Bivins beats out webster great he starts, great. If Eveld or Floyd beats out daniels, great. That's what competition is all about. Winner starts, but no one has stepped up to become a difference maker.