• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it bothering people, or is it just me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

So for the record, to risk being labelled a sell out and to give an alternative explanation, I did sell my tickets. Now before you start screaming 'foul' I did not do it for the money (although it certainly helped) I did it because one of my favorite bands were in town.

I have season tickets to football, basketball and baseball. I have been to hundreds of USF athletic events. I was there when we played Kentucky Weslyan, I have sat in the press box and written articles for Brad during Andre Hall Y1 when we went 4-7 with losses to Army, Southern Miss and Memphis as well as Andre Hall Y2 when we went 6-6 and went to the Mieneke Bowl. In fact, I was the first press interview that Andre Hall ever had. I've had season tickets for the last five years BUT I haven't even been remotely interested in a concert in 11 years let alone actually gone to one.

And I don't regret it at all (that was what I was afraid would happen, that I would end up regretting my decision) the concert was frikin awesome and we lost a non-conference game that was only relevant because of our opponent. If I had to give up one game, I would have much rather it be a non-conf game then a BE game.

Therefore you find me in sec 234 row 2 seats 17,18 against Syracuse, Uconn and Pittsburgh. And I just may make the trip to Miami to make up for missing FSU,

So call me what you will just keep in mind that there are other stories out there besides being a sellout/bandwagon fan

shut up you **** sellout. No one cares.

lol jk. Obviously there are reasons to miss a game. Any game. I think it is less that people sold their tickets, but more that they sold them to FSU fans. Not sure if that is what you did.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

So for the record, to risk being labelled a sell out and to give an alternative explanation, I did sell my tickets. Now before you start screaming 'foul' I did not do it for the money (although it certainly helped) I did it because one of my favorite bands were in town.

I have season tickets to football, basketball and baseball. I have been to hundreds of USF athletic events. I was there when we played Kentucky Weslyan, I have sat in the press box and written articles for Brad during Andre Hall Y1 when we went 4-7 with losses to Army, Southern Miss and Memphis as well as Andre Hall Y2 when we went 6-6 and went to the Mieneke Bowl. In fact, I was the first press interview that Andre Hall ever had. I've had season tickets for the last five years BUT I haven't even been remotely interested in a concert in 11 years let alone actually gone to one.

And I don't regret it at all (that was what I was afraid would happen, that I would end up regretting my decision) the concert was frikin awesome and we lost a non-conference game that was only relevant because of our opponent. If I had to give up one game, I would have much rather it be a non-conf game then a BE game.

Therefore you find me in sec 234 row 2 seats 17,18 against Syracuse, Uconn and Pittsburgh. And I just may make the trip to Miami to make up for missing FSU,

So call me what you will just keep in mind that there are other stories out there besides being a sellout/bandwagon fan

Of course there are going to be different stories out there, but when there are thousands of our season ticket holders getting rid of their tickets for the biggest home game of the year, it's disheartening. Friend of mine, who posts on this board, told me that two season ticket holders came to tailgate, sold their tickets for $400, and went home. Just sucked having to sit around FSU fans in a section that's always green...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Now you know what Vanderbilt feels like when 'Bama (or just about any other team) comes to town.

On the bright side, at least the stadium was full. And it may be the last time that happens.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I'm guessing all the FSU fans in the student section, well in the 100s, were students because people who bought tix off of students were getting turned away at the gate for not having a student id. Saw at least 5 get turned around as I was walking in. As for the 200-300 student section, they weren't checking tix like they checked for the endzone seats.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

shut up you **** sellout. No one cares.

lol jk. Obviously there are reasons to miss a game. Any game. I think it is less that people sold their tickets, but more that they sold them to FSU fans. Not sure if that is what you did.

It would be pretty hard to find "USF fans" to sell them to...they are a rather rare, if not endangered species.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

It was nice to see the stadium full but we were wayyy outnumbered. Still, it was great to see the FSU fans near us sweating us because the game wasn't the blowout they expected. All were cool for the most part.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I was in sec 237 up in row AA...tops 1/3 of fans around us were FSU fans...not 70%. When we left after game though, going down escalator from club area, it seemed like everyone was wearing FSU colors. What was so bad at game was that the FSU fans were laced throughout the whole stadium except for maybe the student section. If they had been clustered in one corner or side of stadium it might not have felt as though they were everywhere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

why is any of this shocking or embarassing?

everyone was predicting it would happen and it did

we are a team that had a lousy season last year and a poor start this season-- who can really blame anyone who said screw it?

don't worry-- it will be mostly Bulls fans the rest of the games-- those willing to show up at all anymore

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

It was nice to see the stadium full but we were wayyy outnumbered. Still, it was great to see the FSU fans near us sweating us because the game wasn't the blowout they expected. All were cool for the most part.

The full stadium makes for a great atmosphere. In part because of that and partially because the team played with some emotion, I thought this was one of the best games for me since Notre Dame. Screamed like I haven't screamed since then. Was pretty hoarse by halftime. Resorted to clapping and banging on seatbacks when we were standing. Even though we lost I thought this was a fun game to watch.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I guess I'm one of the few that is still floored. I was going to fly down for the game, but my kid's first birthday took priority.

Regardless. FSU is probably never coming to Tampa to play us again. At least not in the near future. It was a once in a lifetime game. Add on top of that, a legit National Championship team ranked in the top 5.

A few things bother me.

- Fans who complain about opponents. We never have good games is a common complaint with our fanbase. I can understand not wanting to take 6 hours or a whole Saturday to watch us beat up Tennessee-Martin or Western Kentucky. This was the game everyone wanted...for years

- The Skip excuse. What a dumb excuse. Yeah this team blows right now. Yeah our coaching staff is as questionable as it comes. That being said its a game we'll never see here again. How many smaller schools would have shown as bad with this opportunity? Not many, regardless of record. I will always understand fans eventually not showing for late conference games against UConn or whoever. But to blame the staff/record on this?

- I made money. You're saying your fandom is worth $50-100? Really? Spare me the "I've spent thousands" crap. What you did was allow another university to come in on National TV and pack our house as if it was a home game. It reeked of USF fans just don't give a ****.

- The school did everything they could to prevent this. They never put tickets on the market. They let thousands of student tickets go unused so they couldn't sell guest tickets to FSU fans. Basically, FSU fans had to go through their allotment, buy season tix, or buy from our fans...that is the only way they could fill the joint.

I understand that even if a good amount of fans showed, we would have had a lot of Noles parking in the crowd. That was a reality when we scheduled this game.

In the end, I'm convinced, the majority of our fanbase just doesn't care enough. If they did that stadium wouldn't have been Garnett Saturday. The potential talent/recruits wouldnt have subjected to a sea of garnett. Regardless of record. Regardless of how old the program is.